Cindy + Reid | Save The Date at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 24th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Cindy + Reid | Save The Date
Sigmund Reboquio Sigmund Reboquio is offline April 24th, 2012, 11:28 AM

Just want to share some cut scenes we used as a Save The Date. The only time I spent here outside of the actual work is just rendering it, we are cutting it anyway for their upcoming Love story, so might as well send it to the couple. A great way to build a hype for their upcoming wedding. This is unpaid and we just gave it and the couple thought it was a great idea too : )

Gears:
Konova slider
Konova Dolly

Lens:
24-70, 16-35

camera:2x 5D IIs

audio: h4n

Sigmund Reboquio
Major Player
Views: 2049
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Cindy + Reid | Save The Date

I love the energy. It really gives people a good idea of the type of party they're going to join.

On the editing part, I understand it wasn't paid and that you wanted to save the best for the Love Story. But this clip does look and feel like you haven't put much effort on it. I'm not sure if this will send out the wrong message and make people wonder why it's not very well edited.

Although I know they'll probably be wowed when they'll watch the real thing later on.

Looking forward to seeing the rest!
Long Truong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #3
Major Player

thank you for the comments Long. I actually been thinking the same way that it could make people wonder why its not well edited (I don't know actually what is a well edited and not ,yet for this sequence), but the whole point is to actually just show the fun they had during the shoot.
the original blog post is (it will say raw and a save the date post)

San Francisco Wedding Videographer | Wedding Save The Date at the Palm Event Center Blog of REB6Studios | San Francisco Wedding Videographer

On a side note, although it could get negative impact,
this is true story,
I started meeting couples for 2013 wedding just this week, and asking me about this particular clip.
from stats:
email - 3 inquiries on Love story / mentioning this
in person meet - 2 asking , what is it and wanted to get something like this as MTV style.

so, taking the risk on this one bought me actually a positive result and feedback from client. though, I agree with you with what you said.

I'm currently working on the Love Story and will definitely share it here too.

thanks,
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Sorry for the misuse of words, I didn't mean "not well edited" but rather raise the concern about the clip feeling like it's "incomplete".

Since we can see that you've already started to cut the clips, color grade and add a bit of graphics. It somehow feels like it's "too edited" to be pure raw, and "not polished enough" to be considered "fully edited".

I don't know if that makes more sense.

Nonetheless, this looks very neat!
Long Truong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery