Destination Wedding :|: {Plymouth MA} !! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Destination Wedding :|: {Plymouth MA} !!
Tim Bakland Tim Bakland is offline August 2nd, 2012, 04:55 PM

Ok - so I admit, just having a little fun with "destination" title of the post -- just trying to get your attention.
(And please: no offense to you real destinationers -- your work is marvelous and I'm just having fun).

So: the real reason for the post. It's been one year now that I've started mixing in DSLR with XF300 footage and I'd love to have feedback on how the mix/blend is working. In this recent sample below, most is DSLR footage (don't hesitate to give feedback on that aspect alone, since I'm still getting used to DSLR), but I'm very interested with how you think the XF (vows and speech cutaways) footage fits into the look (and how it could be improved).

Thank you in advance - (I realize that the response to views ratio in this area of the forum is very low, so I'm not expecting a ton or responses -- but would greatly appreciate any thoughts.

Tim Bakland
Major Player
Views: 1948
Old August 11th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Destination Wedding :|: {Plymouth MA} !!

I think the XF300 and DSLR footage flow quite seamlessly but i think you could do better with the overall color correction to help maintain that flow. With a shallow DOF it's hard to tell the difference but in some shots the DSLR is a little soft on the focus which shows it up to the XF300. But these are all things clients won't notice. Seems fine overall. I've been wondering the same lately, whether i can couple my Sony V1 with my 5D MKii but i just don't think it will work.

What DSLR are you using? Did you buy the XF300 for weddings or do you use it for other jobs/hobbies? It's a nice camera!
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Destination Wedding :|: {Plymouth MA} !!

Thanks for the helpful words! Yes, I really love the XF300. It's my main camera for events and is certainly the main ceremony camera for weddings. The T3i has become the details/prep/dark shots camera for weddings.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery