Our Best Yet -- Would love your thoughts - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:50 AM  
Our Best Yet -- Would love your thoughts
Katie Fasel Katie Fasel is offline August 22nd, 2012, 10:50 AM

Despite being in business for 3 years now, I feel like there is just always something to learn, which will probably be the case in this ever-changing business for the rest of my life. That's ok.

But this video is by far one of my favorites, and the first where I feel like we really nailed it. The couple was an absolute major factor in that, as was their wedding party. They were all an absolute dream to work with, and their theme and decorations and details were an absolute dream for B-roll.

I would love to hear thoughts on anything that you think needs work, or anything that we could have done differently.

www.vimeo.com/foreverfossilize/laurenandraymond

Last edited by Katie Fasel; August 22nd, 2012 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: vimeo link

Katie Fasel
Major Player
Views: 3633
Old August 26th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Our Best Yet -- Would love your thoughts

Thanks for your feedback, Ben.

We shoot on Panasonic HMC150s, and in 720/60p and edit in Final Cut. All of the audio in this video is recorded with a couple of Sennheiser wireless lav sets...one on the minister, one on the groom. I believe the groom was also mic'd up during his reading of the journal.

The main video still has to be tweaked, but eventually we'll build a bluray in Encore.
Katie Fasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #17
Major Player

Re: Our Best Yet -- Would love your thoughts

Hi Katie,

This is a solid video..im sure the couple loved it. Your shot at 1:14 is awesome Your audios are well done however here are my 2 cents :) most of it mostly comes down to style and personal taste.

1. Zooming and Pacing have been mentioned already
2. The edit could be a little tighter ,not sure about some of the shot selections on some parts of the video especially the beginning. also some shots are too long and the story sequence was a bit off to me...
3. Your cam movements are ok but the use of a slider would take that to another level.
4. Im a stickler for shaky shots, as my team can attest to :)...when you have the shot in frame, i really don't see the need the move or touch the cam or tripod unless you are moving to another shot, it just creates uncessary slight movements or what i call "throbbing shakes"..unless of course you are on a monopod :)
5. Color grading would make the video standout more, it looks flat to me.
6. Not a big fan of slow motion...is that why you shoot 60p?

Regardless i think that as you get more experience you can definitely excel at your craft.

Cheers!

Kren

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery