DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Vani and Shane | Feature Film - One of my Best (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/510216-vani-shane-feature-film-one-my-best.html)

Sigmund Reboquio August 24th, 2012 11:48 AM

Vani and Shane | Feature Film - One of my Best

Alrighty folks, Id like to share on of my favorites , our latest work : )
I just put "one of my best" on the title because everyone is doing it : ) but i really like this one hope you like it too

Feel free to ask any questions

Jerry Porter August 24th, 2012 08:18 PM

Re: Vani and Shane | Feature Film - One of my Best

Very well done and I would be proud of that work!

Franklin Bencosme August 24th, 2012 09:40 PM

Wooooo what I nice video !!! Finally something different to appreciate !

Noa Put August 26th, 2012 03:32 PM

Beautiful Sigmund, that wedding location in the woods was really "wow" :) I saw it was a 4 man shoot?
All your images from the different camera's matched well together and I liked the color as well. There was a lot of attention to detail, people getting emotional etc, I"m sure the couple will love it.

How do you coordinate a 4 man shoot? Like who films what and when, do you make a planning before you start or do you use certain signs during a registration to indicate if someone has to shoot wide or close up during speeches f.i.?

Did I see a audiorecorder taped to the handle of the wireless microphone? I often do this as well with my yamaha c24, gives excellent audio during speeches.

Sigmund Reboquio August 27th, 2012 11:14 AM

thank you folks for the comments!
Ill try to answer Noa's question here:

Beautiful Sigmund, that wedding location in the woods was really "wow" :) I saw it was a 4 man shoot?
All your images from the different camera's matched well together and I liked the color as well. There was a lot of attention to detail, people getting emotional etc, I"m sure the couple will love it.

//my answer: the wedding location is superb. when I first saw it, I said wow too! specially when they played a sample music where speakers are attached to the trees way up.
It was a four man shoot.

How do you coordinate a 4 man shoot? Like who films what and when, do you make a planning before you start or do you use certain signs during a registration to indicate if someone has to shoot wide or close up during speeches f.i.?

//walk - 1 is a crane operator / 1 shoots mid / 1 shoots groom&reactions / 1 another creative shot
we plan ahead of time what we are going to do for the walk alone, and we rehearse that ourselves or we do a walk thru.
//ceremony proper - 2 to the bride and groom, 1 on center, 1 is the creative shooter
this is also planned beforehand who shoots who.
//communication
We use walki talkies to communicate and most of the time, I am the "creative director" during the ceremony on how shots will be matched. i.e mid, wide, or super closeup and when to shoot what. I also am the one looking around between the other 3 cameras what they are up to. If I see anything like reactions , crying, I radio them or whoevers got the best angle to shoot it. Since, Im already familiar with how the ceremony will go, I give them a signal to get ready i.e. sliders, reactions etc. so it is basically just a good coordination that day went well.Also, great teamwork during the day.

Did I see a audiorecorder taped to the handle of the wireless microphone? I often do this as well with my yamaha c24, gives excellent audio during speeches.

//Yes. aside from the tap from the audio feed the dj gives us, this is the best second tap you can do without micing multiple people individually

hope it helps

Noa Put August 27th, 2012 11:32 AM

Thx Sigmund for the reply, much appreciated. It must be very difficult as well finding camera operators that have the same level as experience as you have? Do you always work with the same people and if a new person comes along, do you decide based on his/her portfolio if they are qualified?

I must say I"m very impressed that you manage to pull off a 4 man shoot and make it blend together so well.

Did you use a certain preset during the wedding ceremony or do you shoot flat and colorcorrect in post? The colors look very "cinematic".

Sigmund Reboquio August 27th, 2012 12:45 PM

it is a husband and wife team originally so there is always two of us on a shoot nomatter what. and we do fine even with two. One is a friend of mine, and backup is my brother (who is now on 2012 shooting all with us)
the four man shoot is very ideal since it really helps to have 2 extra hands during transport and the work is much easier.
So, in short we always have 3, this shoot is an exception because a friend of mine (my former shooter who has his own studio now) didnt have a shoot and didnt have nothing to do that day.

//honestly, we get a lot of emails/applications for second shooters, and although we'd like to train and help out as well, we are not currently expanding yet. So, in general, for 3 years, we have not really hired an outside shooter nor we dont post "shooter needed." The last one we hired, lasted for atleast 1.5 years with us so its pretty good to retain him for that a long time.
but the qualification is simple, he has to be a great team player. does'nt necessarily have to be a great killer shooter but one who listens and cooperate very well. being able to see what we see is a great plus though.

//color - we just shoot flat and color correct in post (use own presets) // we color correct based on subject (this one our groom is lighter, and color differently on different subject. we color correct based also on the location and color cast of the room and we made a preset for that as well. // we dont use any color grading plugins, we just use the wheels.

Jordan Brindle August 27th, 2012 04:08 PM

Simply, EPIC!

Sigmund Reboquio August 27th, 2012 04:58 PM

thank you Jordan!!

Tim Bakland August 27th, 2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franklin Bencosme (Post 1749921)
Wooooo what I nice video !!! Finally something different to appreciate !

Hey, Franklin, just curious what you mean by "finally something different"... (is that to mean that you find most videos posted here to be similar in style?) Just really curious! If so, it would be a cool discussion to have sometime what we find to be our own clichés amongst us.

Sigmund: fine, fine work.