Edmonton Wedding Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 28th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Edmonton Wedding Video
Tyler Krause Tyler Krause is offline November 28th, 2012, 06:03 PM

Hey guys, this is my third wedding video and first one I've posted here. I just started last summer and things are coming along well, let me know what you think and what I can improve on! I had some problems with the clips being over exposed in the sunlight, but other than that, fire away!

Gear:

Camera: Canon T3i (with Magic Lantern)
Lenses: Canon 24mm f1.4 EF, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 L

Glidecam hd2000
Manfrotto tripod w/ 502 HD pro video head.
Amaran Halo ring light

Edited with: Premiere Pro

Tyler Krause
New Boot
Views: 1844
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Edmonton Wedding Video

Hi Tyler. Honestly, that was brilliantly shot and edited, normally i would say the over-use of slow-mo was a bad thing but it just seemed to work with this couple, as did the choice of music. They seemed like a cool alternative couple who probably gave you the feeling of a bit more artistic freedom?

I wanted to hear more, it's easy to get carried away with pure imagery but audio can only enhance what we shoot. Did you handle the audio through the onboard mic?

You definitely got your money's worth in just one day with that Glidecam. Did you ever take it off? Haha. Either way great shots. It seems like you had no problems flying the t3i.

The first half felt like a Lana Del Rey music video, the second took it up a notch.

Good job hope they liked it.
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Jordan!

I use the glidecam loyally as it's the most versatile, and as a single shooter I need that. I also used a tripod for some of the reception part, hopefully the next wedding I'll have a dedicated second shooter on that/freehand.

Also, I will be incorporating audio in the next video and probably most of the ones there after. I didn't like the internal mic quality so I've left it out up until now.
Tyler Krause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #4
Major Player

for just starting out it's a lovely job. i know much more veteran wedding shooters who don't do work that nicely. my only preference would have been a few less ambiance shots in exchange for more couple shots. the glidecam worked a treat. in the video below you can see how some decently steady handheld shots stabilize up in post.

I can offer up a wedding i recently did, but under different circumstances, they already knew a certain style that i do and specifically asked for it because it's "fun".

i'm not comparing or trying to one up in any way, just offering what style i'm up to over in NY.

the structure for this type of style is: no live audio(but work in 1 or two word/line if possible) anything happening at the wedding summarize in very short shots so you convey the actions and feelings that happened without slowing down to hear what was said, and the most important: shoot a metric F**k ton of short shots of people having fun. That's the core of this style, and it's a long tedious process for editing, but seems to make the clients quite happy. it also takes quite a bit to locate and modify the right soundtrack, in this case for start its the couple's song, then the upbeat part it's two versions of the same song chopped up and mixed as i wished.

Btw if you feel this is hijacking your thread please do delete it.

Old December 13th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #5
New Boot

Hey Darren, thanks for posting the video, definitely not jacking the thread, as it's very similar to my style in that there is a lot of movement and you edit nicely to the music. One thing that bothered me was the rotate of the camera throughout. It would have been better in a few places durring the Avicii (er..flo-rida) song only.

Interesting thing: I complete agree about capturing people having fun and dancing, and how it can be a bit of a task to edit. I started my videography career shooting DJ's in various nightclubs in Saskatoon, so I got used to that, because that's basically all it is.

Example here (this was shot before I had a glide cam)

Also, you might want to check out this stabilizing software: http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm it works wonders
Tyler Krause is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery