It's been a while! Hopefully I'm improving... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 10th, 2013, 01:07 AM   #1
It's been a while! Hopefully I'm improving...
Clive McLaughlin Clive McLaughlin is offline April 10th, 2013, 01:07 AM

Clive McLaughlin
Major Player
Views: 1355
Old April 10th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: It's been a while! Hopefully I'm improving...

Hey Clive,
I've been gone so long that I haven't had the chance to check out any of your previous videos, this one was good... I liked the slider shots throughout the clip. The shot compositions you chose were solid as well.

Here are a few things that can make a difference on your next highlight...

- to me the song selection was screaming voice over.... I personally use instrumentals only when I know that I'm going to include a speech or some other impact-full audio.
- 100% loved the opening shots. They might have been a bit to many for my taste, but all of them looked beautiful. The opening shot would have looked best tripod mounted. to me, it's important to always capture a steady "setting the scene" shot and there's no better way then to use a tripod.
- even though steadycam and slider shots are AWESOME, they should be reserved to build the story/drama... It's so tempting to throw in all of our cool shots, but it takes away the effect when they are so plentiful.

These are all mistakes that I have made (and still make). Keep up the good work, and I hope you don't mind my comments.

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: It's been a while! Hopefully I'm improving...

Excellent feedback Steve, much appreciated. And I totally agree with all your points!

I tried to stabilise the opening shot in post but didn't perform properly. I find stabilisation plugins don't work well when there are separate foreground and background elements to the shot.

I should have bit the bullet and swapped it out for another clip in fairness!
Clive McLaughlin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery