My First Wedding shoot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #1
My First Wedding shoot
Alan Daniel Alan Daniel is offline April 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM

Hello,
I am newbie to this field, but always loved cameras, shoots and cinemas...This is my first wedding video attempt.... I know there is a bunch of issues or problems that the pros here can help me find....I need a critique if any one will be kind enough to share it with me it would be a great help for me.... By the way... This was a one man crew production.....

PS: I learned about lighting and white balance after finishing this shoot ...(yeah, that much of a newbie :) )

Alan Daniel
Regular Crew
Views: 1563
Old April 29th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: My First Wedding shoot

Great highlight clip. Sure there were some less the perfect shots, but who cares. Did you get audio for the vows, toasts?
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

@ jeff...Yes sir, I do have the audio of the vows & toasts....but my problem was that since i was a one man crew...i kept moving in and out of the toast shots to capture the audience reaction ... Thank you for your kind words...I thought it was sooo bad that no one even wanted to attempt to give me a response.
Alan Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Inner Circle

If you don't have a second camera, you should buy a Zoom H1 to collect audio. Wedding video without good audio just ain't right! Keep up the good work!
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Believe it or not ... I used Olympus DP-201 Tapeless Voice Recorder - Walmart.com
Had nothing else and it was close to the wedding day... so i pasted this to the speakers :) ...had to manually play with the voices at places because of distortion and noises....

I am soon getting a 5Dm3 & H1 for my future presentations.... Working with a another camera guy now.....just waiting to get that big break .... doing baptisms, sweet 16 & documentary now...But i am a Huge fan of weddings for some reason.. :)
Old April 29th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #6
Major Player

You have a frame rate issue or something in your clip here. It's stuttering like you have a 30p clip in a 24p timeline or vice versa. Otherwise my 2 other comments are the cuts are entirely too fast in the beginning for my taste and they don't seem to serve a purpose. I would figure out which of those shots you can lose. Also, be careful of showing a dirty house. If you end up in a dirty one, try to frame out the mess. Moist of all. Keep posting. You'll hate it and learn more than any other way...
Bill
Old April 30th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Regular Crew

@Bill
Bill thanx for that advice...I do use vegas for editing and majority of what i shoot is either in 60 or 30 frames... and then i use 24p timeline on vegas to edit...How do i resolve this issue ? ... I use the 24p for mainly that filmish look....(not getting it yet).....
About the dirty house...I know ,,, i got really excited to capture every single thing,,,that i purposely forgot that the house was a bit dirty ... :)

Will continue to post more videos....
Old April 30th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #8
Inner Circle

If I'm not mistaken, you do not want to edit 30p or 60p footage as if it is 24p. For the benefits of 24p, you need to shoot in 24p. Your footage will never look right edited in 24p if it is not shot that way.

You can convert your footage to 24p somehow, I suppose, but I don't think the results would be worth it.
Old April 30th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #9
Major Player

Just remember that there are a bunch of factors that determine "film look" before you get to frame rate. But. If you match your frame rate and timeline , everything will look better.
Bill

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery