1st try at Save-the-Date at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old June 19th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #1
1st try at Save-the-Date
Robert Benda Robert Benda is offline June 19th, 2013, 08:15 AM

Over a year and 12 events into our business, we're testing another value-add: the Save-the-Date.

Seems to me that it'll be hard to price well, so it may end up as an option folded into another package. Not least of all because we're not good enough to charge a full, professional rate, yet.

This one we did for free, our first, and chose this client because she was actually a nurse for us when our daughter was born.

Robert Benda
Trustee
Views: 1417
Old June 19th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: 1st try at Save-the-Date

Hi Robert

You made it fun which is great ...I'm still not sure about length but you could make them a little pacier so the message gets out there a bit faster (just in case viewers don't watch the whole clip)

I think I would have drastically toned down the ambient audio there where you have nasty wind noise. Being close to the water the wind obviously played havoc with the cam's onboard mic

I tried offering "wedding invitations" much the same as Save the Date clips, to brides who booked my full package and offered them free too but only one couple took me up on it so I dropped the idea. Mine was way more simple than yours and far less creative! They just went to the local yacht harbour and spoke their thing about when, where and what time so overall it was about 30 seconds.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Looks nice Robert, I have tried to offer it as well, spend way too much time on it and gave the first one away for free, only 2 couples had reacted to it (to get the std for free) and since it has been on my site I have had zero requests for new ones, I"ll just stick to weddings from now on :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #4
Trustee

I figured.

We'll be discussing it. Trying to see if things like the Save the Date, or a video diary (tag along when they go for the dress, or the like) would add value. If they do, it seems like we'd have to raise our minimum price and then just offer them as options. For example, our usual is getting ready+ceremony+10 minutes. Then they can hire us to stay later. Maybe we'll do a new minimum package for next year where the save the date is an option instead of staying later. But you HAVE to choose one. We've also tested pictures in front of a backdrop, like a photo booth (no prints), and folks seem to like that, especially the stop-motion video we turn it into.

This will be a bigger issue for us after the season. Hopefully we'll keep making progress on getting better, then we'll focus on these things. Right now, we're just feeling our way.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery