Fancy a laugh at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 8th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #1
Fancy a laugh
Steve Burkett Steve Burkett is offline July 8th, 2013, 02:17 AM

My best Marryoke so far. The guy with the guitar at the beginning was the Registrar for the Ceremony (though he really got into trouble with his wife for doing this) and the dancing background guys at the very end were the Photographers.

Last edited by Steve Burkett; July 8th, 2013 at 02:24 AM.. Reason: Forgot to include details

Steve Burkett
Trustee
Views: 1758
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Fancy a laugh

Hi Steve

10 out of 10! No...11 out of 10 actually. Absolutely brilliant...every wedding should have one! After watching the very end we can see why you had to use Queen for vocals as well as backing.

Gosh I wish my guests would do something like that at their weddings... Do you try and suggest a MarryOke at all your weddings?

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #3
Trustee

Hi Chris, Thanks for the high marks out of 10. As for your question - I don't tend to push couples to book Marryoke, it's an extra on my packages and I include an example on the demo disk I send to all couples, so having watched it, it's up to them if they feel it's something they'd like. They're fun to do, but can be exhausting when balancing the days filming too.
Steve Burkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Major Player

That looks great and something they'll always remember. Must be a bugger to shoot though!
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Great stuff, they'll have fun explaining that to their teenage kids years from now lol.

Advise them to update the master as time passes to keep it up with current technology.

Cheers.
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #6
Trustee

sorry to put a damper on it but the original was soo much better - I think the marryoke idea is great but they need to have something original

here;s a small selection
Marryokes // Music Videos - YouTube

and the original.. took me a while to find.. from 2009

looks like thay go too many people embedding it!
"https://vimeo.com/1531870' - try that

enjoy
Old July 11th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #7
Trustee

Well Paul, I wasn't really posting it as something new or original, or even an example of my best Marryoke - clues in the title, just a silly video to amuse. The forum can be quite solemn in places - thought I'd try and contrast this with a video that isn't taking itself seriously - sure there are better examples from others, but I'm still finding my voice on Marryoke's and balancing this work with covering the day as well as a single shooter - well it's hard to bring something new to the genre. And why does it have to be original anyway - most couples aren't looking to break new ground in the Video world and just have a light hearted video to remember their day.

The girls were a lot of fun, cramming into an Ice Cream van to the amusement of the driver then badgering the catering truck into dancing with them. I turned to a teenage girl afterwards and asked her what she thought of this Marryoke lark, and she replied - 'they're all a bunch of nutters' - oh if only I captured that.
Old July 11th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Hey Steve

I still thought yours was brilliant!! OK, the "original" started off clever but a lot of sync was off..yours was just as creative and I bet the bride loved it!!

Just for interest what music source you do use so the people you are filming are reasonably in sync ??? It would have to be loud enough for a whole group to be able to hear I suppose?? Do you also repeat verses of the song with different people singing the same part so you can intercut between people ?? It must be fairly tricky much like a music video but I also guess you would need full co-operation prior to even doing it on the day so it's practical to shoot

I would think a "bloopers reel" or "How we made it" clip would be brilliant to watch!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #9
Trustee

Hi Chris,

I use a portable stereo with USB input. To be honest, if the crowd is loud it's not much good, but still effective in getting the guests singing along. If the track is well known, they can sing it without the stereo. For random lines, I have to sing the line to them and get them to repeat it. It can take awhile if they're drunk.

I'll probably put together a making of video for Marryoke very soon; only because the uncut footage is so hilarious.

Steve
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #10
Trustee

Hi Steve, sorry if I sounded disparaging, I thought you just posted it - I didn't realise you shot it. I've tried a couple myself and they were epic fails so I talk people out of them now...

I think the big thing is people don't understand the time and commitment it takes - all the bridal party & guests (if you include them) need to be positive about the idea. People that think it's silly but get talked into it seem to stand out like a beacon on screen - or maybe it's just me

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery