Wedding Highlight - Cheesy or not? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old October 16th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #1
Wedding Highlight - Cheesy or not?
Art Varga Art Varga is offline October 16th, 2013, 08:06 PM

I swore to myself I would never include any hokey animated effects in my wedding videos but I broke my rule for this one. It was very fun couple and so I decided to set up a green screen and let them be playful. It made for a few fun shots to interject into the video. The couple loved it but I'm still feeling a little guilty. Did I just create a "cheesy" wedding video?

Art

Art Varga
Major Player
Views: 2035
Old October 16th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Wedding Highlight - Cheesy or not?

It was all good until the butterfly.. haha!

Seriously, very good fun edit. I can feel that they are a fun couple. Must be a fun day for you to work on too. Love the upbeat pace too. However, lack of natural audio is a bummer. You might also consider getting music licensed for this kind of work from themusicbed.com or songfreedom.com.
Old October 16th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Taky - what? the butterflies were my favorite part:) Actually the song was licensed through Songfreedom.

Art
Old October 16th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #4
Trustee

Nice fun creative edit ... it's not cheesy because the rest of the video is your run of the mill 'cine' style.

I think the couple will love it!
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Varga View Post
The couple loved it
That's all that matters and I didn't find it cheesy at all, I found it more fun then the parts that didn't include the effects :) Looked like a music videoclip.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #6
Inner Circle

There's good cheese and there's bad cheese - that was some good cheese!! Light, fun, happy, guaranteed to put a smile on yer face, what more could you want? Perhaps a glass of wine to go with it?
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #7
Major Player

As long as the couple loved it then it works!

Off topic a bit: The shot coming out of the bag and rotating at about 5 seconds in was really smooth. Did you do anything special to get that shot?
Daniel Latimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #8
Major Player

Thanks all for the feedback! Daniel - nothing special on the bag shot, It was hand held. I just did a lot of takes and picked the smoothest one.

Art
Old October 17th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taky Cheung View Post
Seriously, very good fun edit. I can feel that they are a fun couple. Must be a fun day for you to work on too. Love the upbeat pace too. However, lack of natural audio is a bummer. You might also consider etting music licensed for this kind of work from themusicbed.com or songfreedom.com.
Taky - when I post a video on Vimeo or on my blog, I always include the licensing info in the description of the post. After your comment it occurred to me that the description may not always be visible if it's embedded elsewhere. Then yesterday facebook rejected my upload because of invalid licensing. Before I submitted the appeal to FB I checked with Songfreedom and read their licensing instructions more carefully, I didn't realize that you are supposed to include the "license slide" in the video itself. The license slide states that the video was used by permission and credits the performer, record company and publisher. Not sure if it's the same with Music Bed - I have to check. Anyway I learned something new.

Art
Old October 17th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Fun stuff. Yeah, wish I could've heard the scream when that guy waxed his legs. Ha! Outside that, it was a very unique fun video that appeared to "fit" that couple. Brave work using sun backgrounds and butterflies but it made more sense than normal the way you used it.
James Hobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #11
Trustee

I actually liked it. Though not so much that short earlier part that included the rays around the guys in the hallway, but it makes a great ending.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery