DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Mississippi barn wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/520562-mississippi-barn-wedding.html)

Jeremy Lee December 10th, 2013 10:41 AM

Mississippi barn wedding

Guys, please check our recent wedding work and leave your comments. Much appreciated!

Ron McKinney December 18th, 2013 07:42 PM

Re: Mississippi barn wedding

I'm surprised you don't have any comments. This is nicely done. Nice use of music.

Tim Lewis December 18th, 2013 09:21 PM

Very nice work Jeremy. As Ron says, good use of music. There were lots of nice B roll shots mixed inane the audio was clear. They should be very pleased.

Andrew Maclaurin December 19th, 2013 08:25 AM

I liked it, it was very sensitively edited. The last shot by the window was lovely.

Jeremy Lee December 20th, 2013 11:37 AM

Thank you....My wife and I started doing wedding films this year and we are really enjoying this type of filming.

Robert Benda December 20th, 2013 12:13 PM

Great work and I love your footage and voice over and music, and opening/transitions.

Since you ask for comments I'll mention two or three things that I want to make sure you don't think they're criticisms, but rather ideas to mention for you to consider for yourself...

Do you really want to end with her by herself?

Don't know why it popped into my head, but what about a quick cut between several of their kisses when the pastor says ' you may kiss your bride' with the last shot being his hand waving 'more'? That would probably be my ending.

You have two or three brief clips of the brides face, in profile, spaced throughout... paying attention I"m sure she's being emotional, but at a glance I worry it looks like she's upset/mad... could you space the clips closer together and cap it to make sure it comes across as 'this is such a beautiful day it's overwhelming' upset? In fact, that's about all I would do differently, is group the shots a bit different - like having shots of the dress hanging, then being put on her, then the amazing macro shots of the fabric detail on her dress next to his suit/shirt, which transitions you to his solo shots. The beautiful shot you use to end it feels like a waiting shot...which would lead to the walk down the aisle... etc.)

Jeremy Lee December 20th, 2013 01:41 PM

Thanks for the ideas and thoughts. I have only done six of these types of wedding trailers so all the input is so greatly appreciated. This bride's wedding presented me with a situation that I had to deal with. The groom gave me almost nothing to work with. He was friendly and nice, but during the reception he seem more interested in all the family and friends who were attending (over 200). So I decided to just focus most of the video on the bride since I had no toast or written vows. She was very calm and no stress or anxiety so I use a lot of her being herself that day. And that music just clicked with the way the venue looked and the mood.

The last wedding I did was for a small group (50+) and everyone was fun and the energy was really centered around the couple so I had that in my favor, whereas with so many people many to them were breaking off into their own groups and not really creating that energy and emotion. Here it is: