Becky + Matt /// Wedding Film Trailer /// Manalapan, NJ at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 30th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Becky + Matt /// Wedding Film Trailer /// Manalapan, NJ
Chad Andreo Chad Andreo is offline December 30th, 2013, 02:49 PM

BLOG POST - Becky + Matt /// Wedding Film Trailer /// Manalapan, NJ - Modern Wedding Photography and Cinematography - South Florida and NYC. Family Event and Portrait Photography and Videography by Andreo Studio

Chad Andreo
Regular Crew
Views: 2063
Old December 30th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Becky + Matt /// Wedding Film Trailer /// Manalapan, NJ

Hi, Chad,

I see the video, but I didn't catch what you were looking for in feedback/critique...
Old December 31st, 2013, 04:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for taking the time to look at the video.
I am very interested in hearing any feedback(good or bad) from the members of this forum that I can use for the future.
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Major Player

Beautiful work! Nice narrative, nice shots, and cool framing (ex: waist up w/ lots of sky). I liked the dance twirl outdoor-to-indoor transition.

Only comment: when the mother comes back in for the second glimpse of the toast at 2:48 or so, skip over the "ummm" and go straight to her comment.

Fine stuff.
Old January 11th, 2014, 05:47 PM   #5
Major Player

What Cameras were you using?

Nice video, btw.
Matt Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 08:21 PM   #6
Trustee

Hey Chad, looks pretty much perfect to me. Really interested to hear, though -- what do you criticise about it, or how might you be looking to improve it?

Random comments:

* Loved the mirror sliding shot of the bride at 1:20.

* Liked that you saved climactic moments for the end (kiss, cake cut).

* Nothing wrong with waist-high framing in my book. I'm looking at the slider shot at 2:07. In fact, it's precisely because it breaks the rules about cropping people at the joints and it's non-standard that it's interesting.

* Steadicam guy during the processional -- you see his shadow and then you see him; but then he moves for the pageboy "Here comes the bride" shot (hiding behind guests, concealing shadow), so I'm pretty sure both you and he were aware of it.

* Steadicam missed focus during first dance, but given that it's a dark reception, probably not all that much you can do about it.

* Chronologically, slightly strange to see empty-reception-room shots (for instance, the slider of details on the table at 3:21) after you've already seen a full reception room. Replace with candid shots instead?

* Could you have used a tripod for reaction shots of the couple during the speeches?
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I really liked it! The only criticism I can give is sometimes I think the music mix was a little loud so I was struggling to hear some of the speeches/sermon because there were lyrics in the music, I would have been inclined to put those moments over instrumental only and have lyrics where there is no sound, but thats just me.
James Stevens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery