Macedonian wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:04 PM   #1
Macedonian wedding
Adrian Tan Adrian Tan is offline January 22nd, 2014, 09:04 PM

Hi, if you'd care to give any feedback, I think I'm mainly hoping for feedback on the edit rather than the camera work. I think it does show the "love" that I felt was missing from the last video I posted, and I hope this comes across. Realisation -- maybe it's just in prep and in the photoshoot that you're most likely to see the connection between the couple, since this is when they're most by themselves, and if you miss those parts, then...

Lots of dodgy camerawork -- mainly at groom prep and towards end of bride prep -- framing off; out of focus, etc, but anyway.

Adrian Tan
Trustee
Views: 1972
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Macedonian wedding

Adrian I felt the edit was good on the video side. I had a couple of issues with the audio, they are not faults or mistakes, but just personal preferences. I would like to have heard some audio from the scenes in front of the camera, not always, but just a bit to connect more with the people I was seeing, maybe the preparations and some of the ceremony, even if it was cut in over the top of the action. I found the periodic "knocking" sound in the music was off putting and tended to draw attention away from the video for me. I kept on wondering what it was about.

All that said, it is a very good piece of work, to the level of which I aspire.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 09:44 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks for the kind words, Tim.

I've got the "knocking" feedback from a colleague I was showing it to, so it's interesting that you also picked up on it.

Natural audio -- fair point. This song is very commonly used in highlights films, as you probably know, and, conveniently, there's a section in the middle where there's no singing, just instrumental, so it does seem to be perfect for adding speech or vow sound. And I think the fact that most people use it together with natural audio makes the knocking less noticeable.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 01:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Weddings are so hard to shoot! I think you did a great job coming up with varied and creatively framed shots...especially if you were operating alone, that's crazy.
Finn Yarbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2014, 04:30 PM   #5
Trustee

Thanks, Finn, but I have to say -- I'm almost never shooting by myself, fortunately. Pretty much everything I do is a two-person shoot, and for this one we had a third person for part of the day (because the bride had various rituals just before she left the house that she wanted covered, but we had to set up at the church).
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery