DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Most recent wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/523025-most-recent-wedding.html)

Michael Kraus April 29th, 2014 12:39 PM

Most recent wedding

Got to shoot at a pretty cool venue called Moon River Ranch in Waco, Tx the other day. The couple was great as well. It's the first wedding in a very long time that I booked myself. Typically I'm a second shooter. It was actually quite fun to have more control over the creative process.

Mainly just posting for the sake of interest and critique. Enjoy:

Justin and Lindsey Trailer | Waco Wedding Video - YouTube

Shot on Canon 6d and T2i
Konova K2 slider

Adrian Tan April 29th, 2014 06:07 PM

Re: Most recent wedding

Hey Michael, I'm jealous. That place had a lot of character. I wouldn't know where to point my camera -- too many interesting things everywhere.

I think what I liked most about the video was the restraint of the opening and closing, with the pace of the music and slow motion. It was more soulful, whereas most videos are superficial. In terms of shots, the landscape shots at the start were pretty eye-catching for me, and also the blurred-out-dancing shot at 3:08 -- definitely had some sort of mood, emotion.

Michael Kraus April 30th, 2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian Tan (Post 1843467)
Hey Michael, I'm jealous. That place had a lot of character. I wouldn't know where to point my camera -- too many interesting things everywhere.

I think what I liked most about the video was the restraint of the opening and closing, with the pace of the music and slow motion. It was more soulful, whereas most videos are superficial. In terms of shots, the landscape shots at the start were pretty eye-catching for me, and also the blurred-out-dancing shot at 3:08 -- definitely had some sort of mood, emotion.

Thanks for the kind words! Yeah I've made a ton of highlight videos for other clients that just want to include everything as fast and energetic as possible. I just couldn't do that with this one. I remember actually exclaiming at the venue "I can literally point my camera anywhere and it's a good shot!". It's great to have a refreshing shoot every once and a while.

John Summerfield July 15th, 2014 10:36 PM

Kudos, I like the film. Joe Simon influence? Handheld shots a bit to loose for me, a video monopod would lessen the distraction of the movement IMHO. Good movement otherwise, unique grading.

John Summerfield
Summerfield Films | Toronto Wedding Videography

Tim Bakland July 16th, 2014 08:49 PM

Nice work!
and yes, Adrian, great venue.

In terms of the camera movement, I thought it worked (especially for this wedding's feel).

Were the non-slider shots monopod, rig, or purely handheld? (Monopods can have that handheld look, too, depending on your configuration).

Chad Whelan July 21st, 2014 11:42 PM

Michael this was awesome in so many ways, wouldn't change a thing