yet another wedding - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 21st, 2014, 05:47 AM  
yet another wedding
Noa Put Noa Put is offline May 21st, 2014, 05:47 AM

Thought I"d share this one as it turned out much better then expected, where I was ranting away a few weeks back because I had a wedding where nothing went as expected this time it all went well. When you shoot solo as I you need some very good planning and a set of eye's on your back to secure all that you need to cover that day.

I have followed for many years now what the trends are in weddingvideo and after trying a bit too hard I just decided to just follow my own path, I see too many weddingvideos that all look alike these days that it's hard to tell who has made it, you have the trendsetters that work with high end gear, have 2 or more operators and deliver outstanding work that many other try to copy and I have been one of them, that's a way to learn all the tricks of the trade. I only experienced that shooting solo has quite some limitations, you often have to take it as it comes and choose for cameraangles that are the safest and not necessarily the most creative, especially during live events like a ceremony.
I am still working to improve my workflow, make it easier, faster but try to cover the basics as good as I can and only when time allows, get creative.

I wish I could use my panasonic dslr's all day long, love the image they ouput but still don't have the guts to trade my sony cx730's for continuous recordings, better safe then sorry I guess. :)

Anyways, here's what I put together, if I can maintain that level throughout the season I"m happy.

Noa Put
Inner Circle
Views: 4405
Old July 2nd, 2014, 10:56 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: yet another wedding

Hi Chris,

I'm the same. My longest package is eight hours so although they can add on extra time I like to be out of there once the dancing gets going.

Some couples want right until the end but they have to want it bad enough to pay extra for it. Most of my weddings are Busselton to Margaret River so add two or three hours drive to each wedding. It's nice to do a wedding close to home now and then and be home within 15 minutes.

We should get together at some point over a beer/coffee and trade notes. I know we're both "mature gents" but you know how it is - never stop learning!
Old July 2nd, 2014, 11:56 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Thanks Mark

Actually I will be in Busselton on the 20th December and we will sleep over on the Saturday too so be free on Sunday ... if you don't have a wedding at that stage on the Sunday we can certainly catch up for a coffee. You are in Bunbury are you not? We can touch base later in the year and see if it's feasible and have a chat. I don't do many South West weddings if I can help it as the driving is a pain so I prefer to be local and leave the distance ones to you!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014, 03:13 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Sounds good, Chris.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery