DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Some Lip Sync Fun (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/524609-some-lip-sync-fun.html)

Art Varga August 22nd, 2014 06:46 AM

Some Lip Sync Fun

This was our first attempt at doing this sort of lip syncing thing. It helped to have a really fun bridal party to help us out. We showed a slightly scaled down version of this as an SDE at the reception and then published this as our "next-day-edit"

Robert Benda August 22nd, 2014 07:14 AM

Re: Some Lip Sync Fun

Great work, Art.

My only issue is, I wouldn't put it online. If it becomes popular, and gets noticed, you could get slammed with a bill from the copyright holder, like Joe Simon did (Tony Romo's wedding video), and I suspect the guys who did the first slow-motion booth did (they were using Blurred Lines, then it went viral, and the video went offline for a while, came back with licensed music).

Art Varga August 22nd, 2014 07:25 AM

Thanks Robert - I did license this through Songfreedom.

Adrian Tan August 24th, 2014 03:50 AM

Just wanted to mention some shots I liked:

-- opening montage of shots was great
-- liked the bridesmaids' shoes at 1:07
-- 1:10: couple walking down the street with civilians on left of frame -- really interesting shot that I wouldn't have thought to have got
-- GoPro shots from 2:00 are fantastic
-- liked the guy singing at the church lectern at 2:37.

Robert Benda August 24th, 2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Varga (Post 1858705)
Thanks Robert - I did license this through Songfreedom.

Really? I need to check our their lists a little more often, then. I don't recall seeing Imagine Dragons on there.

Great work.

Art Varga August 25th, 2014 08:20 AM

Thanks for the feedback Adrian. Robert -I hadn't been out to Songfreedom in a while myself and was surprised to see they've added a lot more mainstream tracks. You should check them out.

Art

Clive McLaughlin August 26th, 2014 05:47 AM

I've heard some people questioning SongFreedoms fine print. Are we really allowed to use their mainstream music? Especially if it goes on highlights which we basically use to advertise our services.

Am I wrong to be skeptical?

Art Varga August 26th, 2014 07:58 AM

They recently introduced a tiered pricing structure. Mainstream tracks are $50, lesser known artists tracks fall into either the $30 or $10 category.

Art Varga August 26th, 2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clive McLaughlin (Post 1859187)
I've heard some people questioning SongFreedoms fine print. Are we really allowed to use their mainstream music?

here's what their Q&A says about this.

What is a Standard License and what does it cover?

Songfreedom licenses include the right to make digital copies and place the video online (Synchronization and Streaming rights) on the projects meeting the below criteria.

Heres what it covers:

Wedding & Engagement/Love Story Videos (including Rock/Trash the Dress)

Bar/Bat Mitzvah Videos

Senior Portrait Videos

Baby, Kid & Family Portrait Videos

Birthday Party Videos

Retirement Party Videos

Anniversary Videos

Fashion & Boudoir Videos

Pet Portrait Videos

Sports Videos (excludes pro & semi-pro teams)

School/Educational Videos

Memorial Videos

Church Videos

Robert Benda August 26th, 2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clive McLaughlin (Post 1859187)
I've heard some people questioning SongFreedoms fine print. Are we really allowed to use their mainstream music? Especially if it goes on highlights which we basically use to advertise our services.

Am I wrong to be skeptical?

I'm guessing it depends: if you post a wedding film you made, as an example of your work, that *should* be OK. If you create a NEW video for your website or other advertising, that would be commercial use, and not fit the license.

Andrew Maclaurin September 4th, 2014 04:21 PM

Cool video. Looked a lot of fun. How do you go about organising something like that?

Art Varga October 6th, 2014 06:28 AM

Andrew- it was actually pretty easy. We just approached the bridesmaids in the morning when the bride wasn't around and told them what we wanted to do. We then snuck out for shots whenever the bride wasn't around. Same thing with the guys but the groom was in on it. Neither the bride or groom knew that we were incorporating into the SDE so it was a pretty good surprise.

Noa Put October 6th, 2014 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art Varga (Post 1859200)
What is a Standard License and what does it cover?
Songfreedom licenses include the right to make digital copies and place the video online (Synchronization and Streaming rights) on the projects meeting the below criteria.

They lie, I have a written confirmation from a representative from Songfreedom that they do have worldwide synch rights and are SUPPOSED to have worldwide streaming rights but that depends in which country you live, at least in my country there are several songs from songfreedom that I can't use without any additional licensing and costs, eventhough songfreedom first claimed I had nothing to worry about.