Wedding at Ash Lawn - Highland, Charlottesville, Virginia at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 22nd, 2014, 11:08 PM   #1
Wedding at Ash Lawn - Highland, Charlottesville, Virginia
Michael Silverman Michael Silverman is offline November 22nd, 2014, 11:08 PM

After three years of shooting long form wedding videos with Panasonic HMC150s, we moved over to large sensor cameras this year and began shooting highlight videos along with our long form videos (we shoot the footage needed for both types of videos at each wedding). Please let me know your thoughts on this video which we shot in October, 2014 as I'd like to know what we're doing well and what we can do differently to impress potential clients more:

We shot this with a Canon C100 (A Camera) Canon 70D (B Camera) and Canon G20 (safety camera). I operated the C100 for the whole day while my 2nd shooter came about 60 minutes before the ceremony shooting with the 70D until after the dances.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Mike

Michael Silverman
Major Player
Views: 3905
Old November 29th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Wedding at Ash Lawn - Highland, Charlottesville, Virginia

Hey Michael, I guess my main feeling is that it feels well shot, well covered, well edited. There's nothing wrong with the video, so it's hard, or I think so anyway, to say how to improve.

I've got an idea that maybe if you shortened from 6 minutes to 3 minutes, that would make it more impactful. Would force you to be more selective about shots. For instance, I loved the bridal waltz images (liked that they were shallow but wide, showing context, with beautiful highlights on the ceiling), but I think it did detract from impact that the same composition is repeated with dissolves, and then used in the father/daughter and mother/son dance.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2014, 07:45 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Wedding at Ash Lawn - Highland, Charlottesville, Virginia

Thanks for the feedback Adrian, I think that regarding the dances we can get more creative and shoot some different angles next year. As far as the length of time, I've been talking with my assistants quite a bit about how long to make each video for next year. For most of our packages, we offer a long form documentary style video that is typically 45-75 minutes and also a shorter highlight video. The first few highlight videos we created were about 3-4 minutes and then I decided to lengthen them to 5-7 minutes in order to make sure the brides feel like they're getting their money's worth. While the brides have seemed to like having almost all the events in the highlights video, I have found that some of them seem to drag a little bit as we're including some less interesting footage. I'll keep thinking about the length of the videos as it would take much less editing to create a 3 minute video and we could also be sure that we're only using the best available shots.

Thanks again,

Mike
Michael Silverman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery