Wedding Movie // Matt & Katie - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old June 27th, 2015, 05:29 AM  
Wedding Movie // Matt & Katie
Iris Zhang Iris Zhang is offline June 27th, 2015, 05:29 AM

Portions of the video below were shot with the Nebula 4000 gimbal. Credit goes to Matter Video based in San Fransisco, CA

Quote:
Matt and Katie's May wedding at Palmdale Estates was a beautiful event. Not only was the couple's love evident, but there was an atmosphere of love and joy in the air among all of the friends and guests. Matt is a football coach. From the day's subtle nods to the sport Matt loves (football, obviously) to Katie's eye for detail, the celebration was one of the highlights of this wedding season.
Details:
Shot/Edited: Dan Bowen
2nd shooter: Tony Santoro
Music: "The Father's Heart" - Tony Anderson, "You Are the Best Thing'" - Ray LaMontagne, "All You Need is Love" - Beatles, "Crazy in Love" - Beyonce (some songs licensed The Music Bed)
Camera/equipment specs: Canon C100 Mark ii, Canon 5D Mark iii, Sony A7S, Canon 6D, 70-200 2.8, 50mm 1.2, 16-35 2.8, 24-105 f/4, Nebula 4000, DJI Inspire 1, Rhino 4ft Slider Pro, Rode Smartlav

Last edited by Greg Boston; July 2nd, 2015 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: added proper attribution for work

Iris Zhang
Sponsor: FilmPower
Views: 7129
Old July 3rd, 2015, 02:24 PM   #16
Wrangler

Re: Wedding Movie // Matt & Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Have you watched the video? I don't see any shot that resembles something that was done by a Nebula stabilizer because it's either handheld, on a monopod, tripod and especially slider which has been used a lot.....
Or maybe the Nebula is just that awesome that you THOUGHT it was a tripod shot. ;)
Old July 3rd, 2015, 02:27 PM   #17
Inner Circle

You use the nebula to move, not to stand still :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2015, 11:22 PM   #18
Sponsor: FilmPower

I'm sorry this post brought trouble for everybody, I just want to share the wedding video, then maybe the people misunderstood. Thanks for Greg Boston for editing the post.
Iris Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2015, 01:24 PM   #19
Obstreperous Rex

Moved to Wedding Video Sample Clips. I have no idea why it was originally posted to Camera Stabilizers.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2015, 06:21 PM   #20
Trustee

Couple of random comments, in case the video producers Google themselves and stop by:

-- I do think there are some possible Nebula shots in there, but I can't tell for certain. For instance, possibly around the bride portrait shots before ceremony.
-- I liked the bowling sequence. Love it when groom prep is more than ties and cufflinks. I'd have asked permission (and probably would have been refused it) to go down to the other end of the lane and stick a camera there for the sake of the reverse angle.
-- Variety of songs slightly distracting.
-- Awesome that she said "I'm happy right now" during vows.
-- Interesting "bouncy slider" during ceremony -- showing slider hit end of its length, and then back up again. Not sure what to think of it.
-- Haven't seen that angle on bouquet throw before (one guy in front of bride, the other guy low angle on single ladies). Interesting! Possibly risky -- you don't know where the bouquet is going to land -- what if it lands towards the back, and the low angle camera doesn't see anything? But I guess a lot of the most interesting shots one can get are risky (for instance, someone posted a video here with the second cameraman standing behind the girls, camera held up high, so that the bouquet flies straight towards it, though it feels like that would have a chance of not getting anything usable).
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery