DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   Wedding Movie // Matt & Katie (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/528895-wedding-movie-matt-katie.html)

Iris Zhang June 27th, 2015 05:29 AM

Wedding Movie // Matt & Katie

Portions of the video below were shot with the Nebula 4000 gimbal. Credit goes to Matter Video based in San Fransisco, CA

Quote:

Matt and Katie's May wedding at Palmdale Estates was a beautiful event. Not only was the couple's love evident, but there was an atmosphere of love and joy in the air among all of the friends and guests. Matt is a football coach. From the day's subtle nods to the sport Matt loves (football, obviously) to Katie's eye for detail, the celebration was one of the highlights of this wedding season.
Details:
Shot/Edited: Dan Bowen
2nd shooter: Tony Santoro
Music: "The Father's Heart" - Tony Anderson, "You Are the Best Thing'" - Ray LaMontagne, "All You Need is Love" - Beatles, "Crazy in Love" - Beyonce (some songs licensed The Music Bed)
Camera/equipment specs: Canon C100 Mark ii, Canon 5D Mark iii, Sony A7S, Canon 6D, 70-200 2.8, 50mm 1.2, 16-35 2.8, 24-105 f/4, Nebula 4000, DJI Inspire 1, Rhino 4ft Slider Pro, Rode Smartlav

Noa Put June 27th, 2015 07:32 PM

Re: Wedding Movie // Matt & Katie

You post this in the steadicam section but why? Maybe I overlooked but I don't see any steadicam shot. What's the purpose of posting this video?

Roger Gunkel June 28th, 2015 04:59 AM

The wedding looks very picturesque and well filmed, but just a couple of questions. How and where did you manage to get copyright permission for such well known music and how much did it cost? Also how did you get the commercial licence necessary for UAV flying over venues like that with people below you?

I would love to know, as being a wedding videographer with over 30 years experience, I have had difficulties with both those areas.

Roger

Noa Put June 28th, 2015 05:35 AM

I don't think Iris shot this movie but posted it here because it the Nebula was supposedly used since it was listed as used gear by the videographer, I guess Iris wanted to showcase the Nebula as he is a representative from the company who builds it but not sure if he (or is it she?) did even watch the video and just posted here because of the mentioned Nebula, since I didn't see any steadicam shot my question why it was posted and if we are supposed to comment on it or give our opinion?

I also noticed the used music issue and the owner of the video states "some songs licensed The Music Bed" and I guess that makes it alright to use other unlicensed songs.

Iris Zhang June 30th, 2015 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1890913)
I don't think Iris shot this movie but posted it here because it the Nebula was supposedly used since it was listed as used gear by the videographer, I guess Iris wanted to showcase the Nebula as he is a representative from the company who builds it but not sure if he (or is it she?) did even watch the video and just posted here because of the mentioned Nebula, since I didn't see any steadicam shot my question why it was posted and if we are supposed to comment on it or give our opinion?

I also noticed the used music issue and the owner of the video states "some songs licensed The Music Bed" and I guess that makes it alright to use other unlicensed songs.

Hello Noa Put, I didn't say the video was shot by me, and I'm sharing the video of the wedding, we could talk more about the video, rather than who I am, what do you think?

Iris Zhang June 30th, 2015 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Gunkel (Post 1890911)
The wedding looks very picturesque and well filmed, but just a couple of questions. How and where did you manage to get copyright permission for such well known music and how much did it cost? Also how did you get the commercial licence necessary for UAV flying over venues like that with people below you?

I would love to know, as being a wedding videographer with over 30 years experience, I have had difficulties with both those areas.

Roger

Hello Roger, this video shot by Dan Bowen and Tony Santoro, I am their fan, I like their video, especially the clean picture. I just want to share this good work for everyone. Due to increased shooting tools now, which make the wedding video shooting effect and the quality is getting better and better. In you long time filming process, you must also feel the same way.

Chris Hurd June 30th, 2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Gunkel (Post 1890911)
How and where did you manage to get copyright permission for such well known music and how much did it cost? Also how did you get the commercial licence necessary for UAV flying over venues like that with people below you?

Those are questions for the producer of the clip, which is Matter Video, based in San Francisco:

https://vimeo.com/mattervideo

To my knowledge they are not members here, so you might have to contact them outside of DVi to get those questions answered.

As identified by the title under her name, Ms. Zhang is a representative for FilmPower, maker of the Nebula 4000. FilmPower is a vetted sponsor of this site, so she has the privilege of posting marketing messages to the forum.

The context of her post is the use of the Nebula 4000 in the video. Other aspects such as music copyright, etc., would require the participation of the producer of the clip, which we don't seem to have at this time (although they are of course more than welcome to join us here). Hope this helps,

Hope this helps.

Noa Put June 30th, 2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

The context of her post is the use of the Nebula 4000 in the video
What use? That's why I asked, where are the Nebula shots?

Noa Put June 30th, 2015 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iris Zhang (Post 1891097)
Hello Noa Put, I didn't say the video was shot by me, and I'm sharing the video of the wedding, we could talk more about the video, rather than who I am, what do you think?

But you post it in the steadicam section yet I don't see any steadicam shots, that's why I asked what the purpose was of posting this video, did you want us to comment on it or? You only told us how wonderful their wedding was and I did not understand what your relation to the couple or videographer was.

You can expect these kind of questions if you are not clear about that, afterwards you tell us you just wanted to share because you are a fan and then it becomes more clear but you might post it in a more appropriate section like "awake in the dark" or "show your work", if your intention was to show some Nebula footage then it would be ok to be placed in the Steadicam section but it looks to me no Nebula footage was in the trailer, unless I overlooked it?

Chris Hurd June 30th, 2015 08:41 AM

If there are in fact no Nebula shots in that video, then I will have to move it out of this forum.

Mark Rosenzweig July 2nd, 2015 08:58 AM

Plagiarism

OP's post: "Matt and Katie's May wedding at Palmdale Estates was a beautiful event. Not only was the couple's love evident, but there was an atmosphere of love and joy in the air among all of the friends and guests. Matt is a football coach. From the day's subtle nods to the sport Matt loves (football, obviously) to Katie's eye for detail, the celebration was one of the highlights of this wedding season."

Posted by "Daniel" (http://mattervideo.com/blog/): "Matt and Katie’s May wedding at Palmdale Estates was a beautiful event. ... From the day’s subtle nods to the sport Matt loves to Katie’s eye for detail, the celebration was one of the highlights of this wedding season."

The original text is on the commercial web site for the company that shot the video. The text is not in quotes in the OP, nor is any attribution given.

It is clear "Iris" is abusing standards of ethics by not only posting self-serving videos without revealing the commercial self-interest, but by representing other people's texts as her own. Maybe somehow it is believed that "vetted" people can do the former, but there is no excuse for plagiarism, for words or videos.

Greg Boston July 2nd, 2015 09:24 AM

Mark, I have edited the original post to more properly reflect that the linked video is not the work of the original poster and is more or less an example of shots obtainable with the Nebula 4000 gimbal.

How much of the video is a showcase for the gimbal, I'm not sure, but it was one of the listed pieces of gear.

For the record, Iris is a female.

Regards,

-gb-

Noa Put July 2nd, 2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

How much of the video is a showcase for the gimbal, I'm not sure
Have you watched the video? I don't see any shot that resembles something that was done by a Nebula stabilizer because it's either handheld, on a monopod, tripod and especially slider which has been used a lot, even Iris said it was not to showcase the Nebula but she just wanted to share because she liked it as it was the result of all the gear we have at our disposal these days that has an impact on the quality we are able to deliver.

Just saying because now you changed it into a Nebula showcase video which it isn't and is also not why Iris wanted to share it, it just got even more confusing :)

Greg Boston July 2nd, 2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noa Put (Post 1891397)
Have you watched the video? I don't see any shot that resembles something that was done by a Nebula stabilizer because it's either handheld, on a monopod, tripod and especially slider which has been used a lot, even Iris said it was not to showcase the Nebula but she just wanted to share because she liked it as it was the result of all the gear we have at our disposal these days that has an impact on the quality we are able to deliver.

Just saying because now you changed it into a Nebula showcase video which it isn't and is also not why Iris wanted to share it, it just got even more confusing :)

The post was reported to us as leaving the impression that the linked video was the work of Iris. I edited the post to reflect proper credit to the originator of the work. Like you, I had the impression that Iris wanted to give an example of the Nebula's capabilities, yet I stated that I wasn't sure it was much of a showcase for that piece of gear.

Roger Gunkel July 3rd, 2015 02:46 AM

If this thread is to have any credibility at all, then Iris Zhang or one of the producers of the video need to come up with information on what footage was actually talen using the promoted stabiliser and what camera was mounted on it to take the footage.

My interest in the music copyright was academic rather than practical as I don't know if the forum owners could be liable for publicising wideo from a third party with possibly unlicenced music content.

Roger