My latest - back with 4 minute short form - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 3rd, 2015, 08:45 AM  
My latest - back with 4 minute short form
Robert Benda Robert Benda is offline August 3rd, 2015, 08:45 AM

Sometime in the last year I got back on the short form (4-8 minute) bandwagon. Now we deliver short form, medium (15-20 minute highlight for online) that we call a wedding film, and the full length documentary style.

Here is our latest trailer or short form. Feedback wanted.

Robert Benda
Trustee
Views: 7067
Old August 21st, 2015, 02:34 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: My latest - back with 4 minute short form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Rush View Post
Robert I think I can see you scuttling out of the way after the processional from the balcony camera ;) I am always getting caught in the shots from my static cams - unavoidable sometimes

What is your main camera of choice?

Nice work BTW!
LoL. Yeah, Noa caught that earlier. I wouldn't usually let that happen, but its my only clean shot at that moment (out of 4 cameras. 4!) and I'm not going to edit myself out.

We currently have two Canon 70Ds (facial tracking focus and an STM lens is awesome for the processional), a 5d Mark ii (aisle camera and for the dance), and have just added the GoPro Hero4 Black.

This wedding, the wife didn't join me until the ceremony. I was also the MC/DJ, if you can imagine that day I juggled. Did have a DJ there for dinner and special dances, though. I'm not completely insane. All the time. I will say, being the DJ means the luxury of plenty of time to get dancing shots later on.
Robert Benda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2015, 03:04 PM   #17
Major Player

@2:30 - how did you get Don Knotts to voiceover the announcement of the couple? j/k.

You must have been busy as heck, not just DJing but also setting up the DJ equipment & speakers etc during cocktail hour etc. Unless the assistant did that. How did you shoot dance floor, get 1 or 2 songs queued up & go out with the camera for a few minutes?
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2015, 03:10 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barnett View Post
@2:30 - how did you get Don Knotts to voiceover the announcement of the couple? j/k.
Haha, yeah, my wife and I both kind of hated that guy.

Quote:
You must have been busy as heck, not just DJing but also setting up the DJ equipment & speakers etc during cocktail hour etc. Unless the assistant did that. How did you shoot dance floor, get 1 or 2 songs queued up & go out with the camera for a few minutes?
I setup the DJ gear first thing in the morning, then went to film the couple.

When we book both video and DJ, I always try to have a DJ to play the first few songs. They're too important. I've had to do it solo before, but never want to.

For during the regular dancing, I'm usually only on the floor filming for 20-30 seconds at a time. As a DJ, when things are going well (and here they went REALLY well), I've usually got the next 2-4 songs in my head already. That means if a song is playing, the next one is ready to play and can be going in just a few seconds. I can, in a pinch, balance the camera/monopod on my DJ table while my other hand presses play or holds the mic - that's actually how I got the bouquet toss even though I was by myself.

I'll keep the camera on a monopod right next to me so if something cool starts to happen, I can grab it. Other times is just dumb luck, like catching the B&G high-fiving on the dance floor.
Old August 21st, 2015, 03:43 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Benda View Post
Other times is just dumb luck, like catching the B&G high-fiving on the dance floor.
I once had a bridesmaid run up to me and say "You just missed the best shot of the day" with a serious look on her face, I was shocked, and asked what it was, she pointed over and nearly shouted "The grooms sister was just doing the air guitar" to ACDCs You Shook Me All Night Long. Whats scary is I think she was pretty serious?! I scoffed at the idea, as if I can be everywhere at once, and that the 'Grooms Sister doing the air guitar to ACDC' is up there with Vows, Brides Entrance, First Kiss, First Look, Cake Cutting, Toasts, First Dance, Parent Dance, Garter Bouqet, etc in addition to running all over the place, making sure my various batteries are charged, 2nd cam is setup & on, wireless mic on, got there without traffic etc etc etc.. of my day.
Old August 21st, 2015, 03:58 PM   #20
Trustee

Man, David, maybe if it had been the worm, I could understand....lol.

I may have a deep, personal appreciation for getting random stuff like that (or see the link), but I know perfectly well, that's just really my own amusement. I'm sure the B&G think they're funny, too, but 'most important?' ha.

double-gun-gif | RNB Weddings by Robert & Nomani Benda
Old August 21st, 2015, 05:31 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Benda View Post
Man, David, maybe if it had been the worm, I could understand....lol.

I may have a deep, personal appreciation for getting random stuff like that (or see the link), but I know perfectly well, that's just really my own amusement. I'm sure the B&G think they're funny, too, but 'most important?' ha.

double-gun-gif | RNB Weddings by Robert & Nomani Benda
lol, yeah I like getting those small moments too. I find sometimes they do appreciate it, and almost seem amazed "That shot of my brother & his wife doing the 'double gun' was great" etc etc I find little kids works well, like the 5 year olds out on the dance floor, and the worm. I agree tho, 'most important', kinda ticked me off, as I said, I think she was sorta serious & upset the "video guy" missed it.
Old September 9th, 2015, 04:35 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Quote:
I once had a bridesmaid run up to me and say "You just missed the best shot of the day" with a serious look on her face, I was shocked, and asked what it was, she pointed over and nearly shouted "The grooms sister was just doing the air guitar" to ACDCs You Shook Me All Night Long. Whats scary is I think she was pretty serious?! I scoffed at the idea, as if I can be everywhere at once, and that the 'Grooms Sister doing the air guitar to ACDC' is up there with Vows, Brides Entrance, First Kiss, First Look, Cake Cutting, Toasts, First Dance, Parent Dance, Garter Bouqet, etc in addition to running all over the place, making sure my various batteries are charged, 2nd cam is setup & on, wireless mic on, got there without traffic etc etc etc.. of my day.
I can see why she'd find it really important as it was probably really funny to them, but you can't be everywhere and you are a human who might need to change gear, go to the bathroom, grab a bite etc...

Or you might even be elsewhere in the venue, filming something else. Can't be everywhere. Unfair of her to give you that attitude.

That said, I love when I am able to get that stuff. The unplanned, funny chaos.
Steven Shea is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery