An example from this year in Madrid, Spain at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old September 9th, 2015, 03:05 AM   #1
An example from this year in Madrid, Spain
Andrew Maclaurin Andrew Maclaurin is offline September 9th, 2015, 03:05 AM

In the spirit of sharing that this forum encourages here's an example of my work from this year.
1 man shoot. 38 degrees centigrade! Very nice couple. The location was Cubas de la Sagra, a village 40mins from Madrid.
Any comments appreciated.

Last edited by Andrew Maclaurin; September 9th, 2015 at 05:03 AM..

Andrew Maclaurin
Major Player
Views: 3312
Old September 9th, 2015, 03:29 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: An example from this year in Madrid, Spain

Looks really nice, lots of solid shots, nicely framed and great focus pulls, can I ask what camera/lens combination was used? the only thing I found was that the color was a bit cold, it did not feel like 38deg. :)

If I have to guess this was shot on Sony's?

I also saw this video was from Para toda la Vida, a Spanish videocompany, did you shoot for them as freelancer?

edit: I see you are from Spain, I had you mistaken for another Andrew :D
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2015, 04:24 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: An example from this year in Madrid, Spain

Hi Noa,
the Camera is a Canon C100 with various lenses:
Canon 24-105 F4 (lent to me by my business partner, who is a photographer, to try out. I liked the lens)
Tamron 17-50 F2.8 (my go to lens although I'd prefer the Canon 17-55 F2.8)
Sigma 30 F1.4 (great in low light for the money. I think it cost me 250€)
Canon 50 F1.8 (toy lens but can't beat it for the money!)
All shot on WDR.

The Madrid sky is famous for being ridiculously blue! I mean sometimes it looks as if someone has painted the sky! It was mid-June and the sky was totally clear although we were in the middle of a heatwave that lasted from that weekend until the end of July. Brutal weather to work under for both humans and machines!
Later on, as the sky darkened they used big spotlights which can create strange colours. To be honest, I find getting accurate WB quite hard with so many different and changing light sources (though not outside in sunlight). Many venues here have a mixture of LEDs, fluorescent and halogen lighting. A real nightmare!

ParaTodaLaVida is the company I have with 2 photographer colleagues. We have found that working as a team helps us all. Sometimes people hire me because they love my colleagues' work and vice versa. We offer a pack with a slight discount for photos and video which works for us.
Andrew Maclaurin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery