Aug 4th Same-Day Edit - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 9th, 2007, 04:02 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
While we do use a light, there are a couple more tricks to the shot that make a big difference.
Now you really have to tell us what those tricks are. :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 04:11 AM   #32
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield View Post
Wonder what they would think if they saw Patrick's work. Probably the same as me: i'm ashamed of my work HAHA :)
Ahum.., just had a quick look at your demo's and really don't see any reason to be ashamed of, I saw some really creative work.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 08:09 AM   #33
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
Ahum.., just had a quick look at your demo's and really don't see any reason to be ashamed of, I saw some really creative work.
cheers, trouble is i have to rely on making fx, but Patrick is just naturally good with a camcorder

let's stop bullying Patrick about the light shot, oh and don't ask me how i did the goddam butterfly shot (they were actual butterflies that flew into my NLE ok!!) :) :)
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:02 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Very good indeed.
The only thing that bothered me a bit was around 0:33. A little bit too much close-up of the bride's teeth, which doesn't show her at her best.
Winfried Dobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #35
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winfried Dobbe View Post
Very good indeed.
The only thing that bothered me a bit was around 0:33. A little bit too much close-up of the bride's teeth, which doesn't show her at her best.

I agree Winfried. Probelm was, the bride didn't have us cover an hair, make-up, or any other preps. To make the same-day edit work and get enough footage in there, I had to use quite a bit from the coulpe moments we had with her otherwise it would have been all detail shots which would have lost the crowd. So, after try and option with the shot removed, it ended up lookng best with it in and we left it that way.

Thanks for the comments.

Patrick
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:39 PM   #36
Major Player

Oh come on, now we are getting nit picky over her teeth? You guys should consider yourselves lucky. Over here in the UK, we are lucky if the bride has teeth (Dentistry over here hasn't got the best of reputations!)

As my Grandfather used to say....."she could make a hell of a mess of a turnip field!"

There's none of us perfect and the best we are ever going to look is on our wedding day....actually....scrub that....my hair had fallen out by then!

Point is, Patrick is there to capture your day....something he does INCREDIBLY well.

Grateful as ever for Patrick to be gracious enough to share his stuff.
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #37
Still Motion

Thanks Alastair for the funny and kind post.

However I do really appreciate Winfried's honesty especially considering we talked about removing the shot.

Patrick
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 08:36 PM   #38
Major Player

lovely! the butterfly sequence was just sooo money! :)
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques