Ceremony Highlight at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 12th, 2007, 11:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Ceremony Highlight

I have uploaded our first "Ceremony Highlight" shot with (1) Sony FX1 & (1) Sony HC1. This was an outdoor Catholic wedding (our first Catholic wedding as well) and it was very short. The entire Ceremony was only 13 minutes long, but it still was a beautiful wedding. We only shot the Ceremony & Reception (no pre-ceremony).

I have some problems with interlacing of the red's mostly. If you pay attention to the roses you might be able to see what i'm talking about. I fixed it as much as i could, but think it might have something to do with the camera's "sharpness" settings. Any ideas as to why this happens and how to fix would be great. Take a look and let me know what you think.

www.zandlproductions.com

We will also be uploading a Love Story trailer (our first) within the next few days as well. Thanks.
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Stewart View Post
This was an outdoor Catholic wedding (our first Catholic wedding as well) and it was very short.
Must be nice lol. I shot a Catholic wedding yesterday that lasted 80 minutes!
Adam Hoggatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 01:20 PM   #3
Major Player

I second that on the Catholic Weddings. I've NEVER had one that short.

Well Done, I especially thought the soundtrack and the audio were really good both in terms of how they sat together and quality. Whats the music?

Thought the colours were really good as well, and the quality of encoding was very crisp and clear.

Care to share what camera you shot with, and what you encoded with?
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

- Shot with (1) Sony FX1 & (1) Sony HC1
- Used Premiere Pro 2.0 to encode to Flash FLV file 425x239 @ 760kbps
- I use 5 iRiver 899's with Giant Squid lav mics to record the Groom/Priest/String Quartet (not featured in this video)/put one mic infront of a Speaker at the reception to pic up the DJ's music and any annoucements/ and have an extra for backup. I used to use wireless but find it too risky.

It was an extremely short service. Nothing but three scripture readings from the Priest & the Vows. No singing, no candles being lit, and no long sermons. Short and Sweet!

I used Adobe Audition to clean up the ambient noise (being outside it had a ton), but i still picked up some wind that can't be avoided. I applied reverb to the voiceovers but when uploaded it doesn't seem to be as previlent as it is on DVD or my editing workstation. I'll have to take a listen again to see if i can sweeten it up some more. Thanks.
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM   #5
Trustee

Very nice, colors are great,
sound is really good, how did you get that quality, no ambient, no wind, awesome!
The only thing I'd change - give a bit of reverb for the voice over tracks,
Very nice!
Thanks for sharing,
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #6
Major Player

good stuff...and honestly, i couldn't see a problem with the reds...if anything, they are crying out for the PPro colour-pass filter for a couple of shots!

is that song from a movie? i vaguely recognise it..

p.s. 5 irivers(!)...there's me with my 1 :)
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 02:08 AM   #7
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=is that song from a movie? i vaguely recognise it..

p.s. 5 irivers(!)...there's me with my 1 :)[/QUOTE]

The song is from Road to Perdition by Thomas Newman. And, I way over do backup audio, but it has saved my....butt...too many times. Its not too much extra work either i simply turn them all on and take a quick slate while in front of the mics and camera and then in post its very simple to match them all up. Then its just a matter of which mic to use during which piece.
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques