Funny wedding moments - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old August 31st, 2007, 02:13 AM   #16
Trustee

Snow, Bride, & Groom

What can go wrong? Photograph asks groom to pick up bride. Groom does. Photog gets some shots then asks groom to walk towards him. You know the rest of the story. Pardon my cheesy titling.... I put this up quite a while ago (150k views!). A nice winter wedding.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2007, 02:37 AM   #17
New Boot

Well during my wedding my wife nearly passed out and had to sit down on the floor. I leaned down and asked if she was alright. She said just hurry. I asked the preacher if we could continue and got on my knees. Everyone said that was sweet.

Once we were married she stood back up and we headed down the aisle. She was nearly running and cut me off at the door!

She told me at the reception that her mother had given her a valium for her nerves and it made her sick.
Shane Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2007, 11:21 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
Well during my wedding my wife nearly passed out and had to sit down on the floor. I leaned down and asked if she was alright. She said just hurry. I asked the preacher if we could continue and got on my knees. Everyone said that was sweet.

Once we were married she stood back up and we headed down the aisle. She was nearly running and cut me off at the door!

She told me at the reception that her mother had given her a valium for her nerves and it made her sick.
wow, your poor wife. i would have taken the nerves.
Sean Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 09:40 AM   #19
Regular Crew

funny stuff!

haha..there are some great bloopers and funny wedding moments in this thread!!

-I've only done a couple weddings, but one of my favorite shots was from my first wedding where about halfway thru the reception, all the groomsmen hoisted the groom up on their shoulders and carried him through the hotel and proceded to throw him in the pool!! it was great..I had to grab my camera and chase them down to capture the footage!

-at that same wedding..the bride was a DAIRY QUEEN employee, so the bridesmaids invited a surprise guest...a guy dressed up as a DQ ice cream cone (Curly)..The bride danced with the giant inflateable Ice cream for a while and then a slew of little kids and drunken groomsmen proceeded to "gang hump" the giant ice cream cone!! it was hilarious!!

I'll post some clips as soon as I get a chance!!

~brendan
Brendan Donohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo View Post
I might have told this story before, but I'm not sure.

At one wedding, the groom said, "I Bruno, take you Sandra, to be my awful wedded wife."

I sh*t you not, she look back at him and said, "I Sandra, take you Bruno, to be my awful wedded husband."

I nearly peed my pants....
I had a bride say that too and the whole place cracked up including her. I asked her if she wanted me to leave it in and she said absolutley. She even said that I could send it to America's Funniest Videos and if we won we could split the prize money. I thought that was cool..
Greg Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Patch View Post
I had a bride say that too..
Can't believe that happened to someone else. What a world!
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:50 PM   #22
Trustee

Afv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Patch View Post
I had a bride say that too and the whole place cracked up including her. I asked her if she wanted me to leave it in and she said absolutley. She even said that I could send it to America's Funniest Videos and if we won we could split the prize money. I thought that was cool..
Unfortunately, AFV requires that no footage supplied be from video companies, or vendors. The only want it from the B&G involved. At least that is the last time I checked their rules.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #23
Regular Crew

At the reception, I was at the video switcher behind the screen. The Bride threw the bouquet right by my feet and then on her second attempt, threw it right into my lap!
Mark Morikawa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques