Love Story -When to show? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 8th, 2007, 07:56 AM   #1
Major Player

Love Story -When to show?

I have my first love story wedding coming up and would like to hear anyone's experience on the best time to present. My thought was at the reception after the bridal party is announced and right before the introduction of the B&G. Any thoughts?

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 04:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Varga View Post
I have my first love story wedding coming up and would like to hear anyone's experience on the best time to present. My thought was at the reception after the bridal party is announced and right before the introduction of the B&G. Any thoughts?

Art
The best time is right before the first dance, that is if they do it the same as here meaning, speeches, cake cut, first dance.

This gets the lights turned off anyhow, then when they cut the cake they can clear the floor.
Not to mention, most couples can barley talk after a good love story video

I will be writing more video tips in my latest Blog
at www.davidmathewbonner.blogspot.com
I also will be showing some love stories on my other site
www.edmontonphotography.com :)
Old October 9th, 2007, 02:40 AM   #3
Trustee

I usually do it after all the introductions/speeches/toasts because many times the best man or maid of honor tells their version of how the couple met or got together. They usually have a funny story to tell. So when the audience sees the video love story, it makes it even more entertaining because it re-enforces those stories told by the mh and bm.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #4
Trustee

Ceremony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Varga View Post

Art
I just had another client play my Photo Memory Movie in the ceremony. It wasn't at the start, but was after the bride & groom got up to the stage and after the giving away etc. I was surprised it got such prominent placement, but the MOB real loved it, so I shouldn't be surprised. :-)

I personally wouldn't want it in the ceremony, may be before to kind of "introduce" or at the reception.... but hey... I'm already hitched so no need to worry about that for me.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques