DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Finally got my wedding portfolio site done (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/105561-finally-got-my-wedding-portfolio-site-done.html)

Ryan Szulczewski October 13th, 2007 02:02 PM

Finally got my wedding portfolio site done

So I finally finished coding my website. I am no master by any means but I think it came out OK.

The flash is all dynamic so I don't have to recompile anything, just upload a new video and it will update itself. However, I imagine my memory management wasn't exactly the best (really don't know how flash's garbage collection works), so if your browser starts chewing up a bunch of RAM sorry about that.

You can check it out at http://www.OneProVideo.com (hopefully worked out all the bugs)

Be gentle, I am fragile.

I am always looking to make some more money so I can finally buy that 35mm adapter, so if anyone wants a website keep me in mind.

Rick Steele October 13th, 2007 04:13 PM

Flash 9d isn't good enough to view your site?

Cara Starr October 13th, 2007 06:49 PM

same prob here. fix it! fix it! the suspense is killing me!

Terry Esslinger October 13th, 2007 10:39 PM

I really like the site. Its simple but elegant and the layout works great. The flash videos load fast and play flawlessly. You have some nice steadicam work in your demos. Congratulations.

Janice DeMille October 14th, 2007 06:09 AM

Hi Ryan, I liked your site too. Very nice shooting. Did you do it yourself? I have been trying to do something similar with flash. Any advice on where to get information on clicking a thumbnail and loading it like you do?

thanks

Janice DeMille October 14th, 2007 06:10 AM

Hi Ryan, guess you do websites, sorry I didn't read it through...

Ryan Szulczewski October 14th, 2007 07:32 AM

Rick and Cara

Hmmmm, you should be able to see it. Do you allow javascript in your browser? It is how I figure out if you have the correct flash player.

Janice, as far as the Flash stuff, I actually got a Computer Science degree in college so I "know" (quotes because I would hate for someone else to look at my code, pretty ugly) how to program. I did all the motion with actionscript just to see if I could. What is great about my video browser is that it is dynamic so instead of updating the .fla file and having to upload another .swf, I can just upload a thumbnail for the video, update a text file for the popup and the .flv for the video and off it goes. Plus the .swf is only like 11k so it save server space.

I would be happy to help anyone out with a website as time allows. I have learned so much about video here so it would be only fair for me to try and return the favor.

I appreciate the positive feedback! I have seen some great stuff on this site and still think I have a lot to learn and do before I feel I have accomplished anything.

Dan Shallenberger October 15th, 2007 12:03 AM

Looks really nice! but I can't see the flash video either. From looking at the code, I see you are requiring v9, which is what I have. And I do have javascript turned on.

I'll check it on my pc and see if it works there. Might be a mac thing.

Ryan Szulczewski October 15th, 2007 05:29 AM

Do you mind throwing me a screenshot of what it looks like to you? I haven't tested it on Safari on a Mac. Tested it on Firefox on a Mac... stupid browsers and there inconsistencies

Ryan Szulczewski October 15th, 2007 07:22 AM

If you have flash 9 and are still getting the error page you can go to http://www.OneProVideo.com/noFlashDetection.php to see my videos

Sorry about the false positives... I am not sure why it is doing that.

Dan Shallenberger October 15th, 2007 07:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually, Ryan, I was using Firefox 2 on my Mac. It works fine in Safari, but I rarely use that browser. I should have tested it last night with Safari to let you know it worked.

I attached a screenshot of FF though, in case it will help. I have flash player 9.045 installed right now.

Ryan Szulczewski October 15th, 2007 07:53 AM

Crazy—I checked it out on FF 2 on a Mac and it worked. It is obviously your fault : )

I love web development sometimes.

Dan Shallenberger October 15th, 2007 08:00 AM

Now you sound like my wife... it's always my fault! Crazy thing is, she's usually right and it IS my fault :-(

Well, I checked it on all browsers on my pc, and it works fine, plus in opera and camino on my mac. So, I believe it's something goofy on my end here.

Your videos are awesome! I have a glidecam, but I rarely use it. I need to dust it off (there's enough dust to really throw off the balance!) and start using it again. I just usually don't have time at weddings to do much with it.

I'm working on a new website, so I'll be posting here in the next few weeks!

Ryan Szulczewski October 15th, 2007 08:05 AM

I love using the Glidecam. I am not all that proficient with it yet. I am getting better at balancing it and moving but feel like I have a lot to learn.

Make sure to post your site when you get it done so I can check it out and steal ideas from you : )

Yang Wen October 15th, 2007 09:23 AM

Hey I really like your video work, more so than your site I'm afraid. The site design looks very traditional and typical. Your work is not traditional or typical(in the good way). The site color theme just doesn't "pop" out at me. I also feel the colors clash. The yellow on grey title bar doesn't go with the baby blue gradient you applied as a footer.