Thank-You Don Bloom at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old October 17th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Thank-You Don Bloom

I want to thank Don for all his advise. He has helped me so much in my video business over the past couple of years. Its guys like Don that make my job so much easier. I have gotten so much out of his posted and advise. My hat is off to you Don. Thanks a lot

Gary Randall
LNR Productions
Gary Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Gary
First you're welcome. I don't think anyone has any real secrets and there's no reason to share what little I know about this wacky business. Especially since you're no where near my area as competition ;-)

The more we all help one another the better we all get and isn't that the point of a great forum like this!

Besides, if I can help keep someone from doing some of the same stupid, costly, dumba** things I did way back when, why not?

Thanks again for your kind words (the check is in the mail;-)))

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Thank-You Don Bloom

Don, I heard from Tom Sessions that you're retiring. Is that true?
Victor Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Yes it is. At least from weddings and other social type events. I'm also going to pare down my corporate work to keep it reasonable.
Old August 25th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Don has been threatening to quit weddings for a couple of years now but I truly think that this time he really means it.

With 2000+ weddings under his belt Don probably has come across most experiences that we encounter for the first time and the nice thing is he will always chip in with a useful comment! Despite Don leaving the wedding video market I bet he will still be around for quite a few years to come, still offering his wisdom. He's just that sort of person.

Just don't anyone dare bug him or expect any response next year early (I think he said January is the well deserved cruise with his good lady)

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #6
Trustee

Don't forget to take your DSLR and view finder on the cruise Don... Just kidding.... Happy retirement from the wedding game, pheeew when is it my turn? Stressful isn't the word...Sounds like a good guy from a newbie on here...
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Heh, of course I'll still be around and I'll chip in but our cruise isn't until May for our anniversary. Unless we decide to do another before that in January!
Actually, I'm thinking about getting a DSLR just for fun family and travel stuff, that way I'll be able to do stills AND video with 1 camera.
I'm counting the wedding until the day and although I only have a few left the last one isn't until December which makes me sad I wish it were earlier but it's a friend of my wifes so...
anyway, please keep in mind, I am only retiring I haven't died so don't make it sound like a eulogy! ;-)
Old August 25th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #8
Inner Circle

I'd like to take this time and remember all the batteries, video tapes, and wedding cake that Don went through over the years. May their spirit live in infamy.
Old August 25th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Ah the dollars spent on tapes that were thrown away after some years...but the cake will remain with me especially now that I'm 20 pounds overweight! ;-)
Old August 26th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #10
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bloom View Post
Heh, of course I'll still be around and I'll chip in but our cruise isn't until May for our anniversary. Unless we decide to do another before that in January!
Actually, I'm thinking about getting a DSLR just for fun family and travel stuff, that way I'll be able to do stills AND video with 1 camera.
I'm counting the wedding until the day and although I only have a few left the last one isn't until December which makes me sad I wish it were earlier but it's a friend of my wifes so...
anyway, please keep in mind, I am only retiring I haven't died so don't make it sound like a eulogy! ;-)
G6 my friend...
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques