DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Teaser Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/105895-teaser-video.html)

Ethan Cooper October 17th, 2007 05:33 PM

Teaser Video

We had the chance to shoot a wedding this past weekend at a plantation home in Mississippi and it was gorgeous. I was so eager to play with the footage that I made a little teaser video for the couple to email to friends and family. It's not really a trailer, so I think the term "teaser" works better. Maybe I can put a little marketing spin on it and say it's a Silver Media style trailer.

www.silver-media.net/ryanteaser

Travis Cossel October 17th, 2007 06:06 PM

Beautiful. I loved the shots and the editing, especially the editing. Plus you made it just the right length. Long enough to be interesting but short enough to serve perfectly as a teaser. Usually I see people make the teasers too long.

Vito DeFilippo October 17th, 2007 07:07 PM

"Coming spring 2008"! Holy backlog, Batman!

Beautiful video. I'm sure they'll love it.

Ethan Cooper October 17th, 2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo (Post 760559)
"Coming spring 2008"! Holy backlog, Batman!

Funny.
I put spring 2008 cause "coming sometime late 2007 early 2008" just didn't have the same ring to it.

I could have gone with the super honest "coming sometime before the end of the year depending on how many days I waste emailing, reading DVINFO, sleeping in, or staring blankly at the wall thinking about all the work I'm not getting done while staring at this wall... or maybe even early 2008 now that I think about it"

Vito DeFilippo October 17th, 2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper (Post 760567)
"coming sometime before the end of the year depending on how many days I waste emailing, reading DVINFO, sleeping in, or staring blankly at the wall thinking about all the work I'm not getting done while staring at this wall...

Omigod! We have the same disease!

Travis Cossel October 17th, 2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper (Post 760567)
Funny.
I put spring 2008 cause "coming sometime late 2007 early 2008" just didn't have the same ring to it.

I could have gone with the super honest "coming sometime before the end of the year depending on how many days I waste emailing, reading DVINFO, sleeping in, or staring blankly at the wall thinking about all the work I'm not getting done while staring at this wall... or maybe even early 2008 now that I think about it"

I gotta say I'm now more partial to the latter title option . . . d:-p

Ethan Cooper October 18th, 2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo (Post 760571)
Omigod! We have the same disease!

Only if that disease is being super cool, ultra sexy wedding videographers.... yeah.

I wish my name was half as cool as Vito DeFilippo. I'm jealous.

Ethan Cooper October 18th, 2007 09:17 AM

I'm thinking about writing into my contract that we only shoot at plantation houses on perfect fall afternoons with attractive couples from wealthy families. Oh, and I'm raising my prices to $30,000 per event. Think it'll fly?

Vito DeFilippo October 18th, 2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper (Post 760831)
I wish my name was half as cool as Vito DeFilippo. I'm jealous.

Well, it's not as cool as you might think:

Me: "Hi, my name's Vito"
Some Guy: "Nice to meet you, Peter."
Me: "No, it's Vito."
Some Guy: "That's what I said..."

I also work as an actor (you can see on IMDB, if you're bored enough), so it's a bit of a tough name to work with. I considered making up a stage name, but felt too silly.

Richard Wakefield October 18th, 2007 09:33 AM

Vito....ah yes, i remember seeing you as the Public Works Guy in the Secret Window :)

seriously, well done...working as an actor hasn't put you off this industry of filming/directing/editing!

Vito DeFilippo October 18th, 2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Wakefield (Post 760847)
Vito....ah yes, i remember seeing you as the Public Works Guy in the Secret Window :)

That was fun, because Johnny Depp was such a nice guy to work with. I had an incredibly small role, practically extra work, but it was nice to be there. The only tough part was that I developed a tooth abscess and was unable to get antibiotics where we were shooting. That was painfull, let me tell you!

Quote:

seriously, well done...working as an actor hasn't put you off this industry of filming/directing/editing!
Not at all. I got into video work originally because it's too hard to make a living just acting, but I wanted related work.

Anyway, my apologies to Ethan for taking his thread off topic.

Ethan Cooper October 18th, 2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito DeFilippo (Post 760859)
Anyway, my apologies to Ethan for taking his thread off topic.

That's fine with me. The topic of "hey, look at my pretty video and tell me how great I am" already ran it's course. I got the love and acceptance I've been searching for, now my therapist can take a break for a while. This is much more interesting anyway. [/dry humor]

Terry Taravella October 24th, 2007 11:13 AM

Hello Ethan,

The clip is great! I know you probably already sent the clip to the Plantation Home and the photographer. Which plantation is it, I don't recognize it?

Ethan Cooper October 24th, 2007 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry Taravella (Post 763963)
I know you probably already sent the clip to the Plantation Home and the photographer.

I didn't... this is why I'm a terrible business person, I never think of these things. I'll send them the link right away. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:

Which plantation is it, I don't recognize it?
It's Dunleith Plantation in Natchez, MS. I don't know a whole lot about it except that I loved shooting there.

Terry Taravella October 24th, 2007 12:30 PM

Plantations are a beautiful thing!

You might also want to send Dunleith a dvd with the clip on it. They just might pull it out and show it to one of their brides. At least it will keep your name in front of them.