DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   BouquetCam V2.1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/105920-bouquetcam-v2-1-a.html)

Mike Jensen October 18th, 2007 12:22 AM

BouquetCam V2.1

I never know quite what I'm going to get with these Micro Cameras:) Enjoy:

http://sacramentowedding.blogspot.co...etcam-v22.html

Mike Jensen
Jensen Wedding Films
www.jensenvideo.com

Travis Cossel October 18th, 2007 02:24 AM

THAT was pretty cool.

Tom McDougal October 19th, 2007 07:32 AM

Thats pretty cool

Daniel Ross October 19th, 2007 08:40 AM

Sorry... I don't like it. What's the point?
It got caught on the chandelier, so it almost gave a watchable shot.
Then again, it's a novelty, so I guess the brides are happy about it.

Mike Jensen October 19th, 2007 07:53 PM

...The point...

Thanks for your comments Tom and Travis!

Daniel, the point was... to try something new and unique, using techniques that have never(?) been attempted in our industry- tiny POV MicroCams. We hide them on the lapel of the Groom, a Groomsman, the Father of the Bride- or in a Bouquet, or even hidden on a wedding cake. Certainly the resolution suffers in this type of flash drive recording, but were really not after quality Daniel, but POV. Using these small cameras, we are now able to capture viewpoints I could only dream of getting when I first entered this industry 15+ years ago.

I suppose I could have instead strapped an HV20 with a fisheye lens to the bouquet to get the resolution up to your standards, but we probably would have knocked out a few of the bridesmaids in the process:)

-Mike

Daniel Ross October 19th, 2007 08:48 PM

Try a ring cam... put a wireless camera in the case with the ring, to get the reaction of those around it.

I'm not saying the creativity is wrong, but it is literally throwing a camera in the air and hoping you get something usable. Sure hope no one gets motion sick. Ha.

Yeah, I'm not worried about quality. The spinning POV is weird.

The new "pov of the ceiling fan" cam. (Or... perhaps not.)

Well, did the bride like it? That's the real question.

Mike Jensen October 19th, 2007 09:42 PM

Do brides like it?

Daniel,

We offer the MicroCam to brides as a $400 option. (My total MicroCam investment was about $500:) Most brides don't purchase it-but many are enthusiastic about the concept. We did 5 or 6 this year- and the brides that I have queried after delivery loved the final results. We recently booked a B&G- the groom was the Best Man and had worn the GroomCam at a friends wedding we had taped- he will also be adding the MicroCam option for his wedding next year:)

That's the fun of using the MicroCam system- you can put the camera almost anywhere! 99% of what we get from the cams is unuseable, but that 1% of good footage makes it all worth it. I'll be the first to tell you that there is a lot of room for improvement- but it has been a very fun - paid - experiment.

I think as future micro-recorders increase in quality (the micro cameras already offer very good quality) you will see more and more of this type of professional POV shooting at weddings.

-Mike

David Slingerland December 4th, 2009 04:03 AM

HD microcam

I am looking for a small microcam, like the one in war photographer (james nachtwey) I want to mount it on a photocamera. Does anyone here know the latest and best model: small and HD?

greetings

Philip Howells December 5th, 2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Ross (Post 761355)
Sorry... I don't like it. What's the point?
It got caught on the chandelier, so it almost gave a watchable shot.
Then again, it's a novelty, so I guess the brides are happy about it.

I agree in principle with Daniel. For me this crosses the line between creativity and merely bizarre. Why not have the couple wear headcams like the police here in the UK are starting to have - at least the photographer couldn't walk into the shot!

Robert Turchick December 6th, 2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Slingerland (Post 1455976)
I am looking for a small microcam, like the one in war photographer (james nachtwey) I want to mount it on a photocamera. Does anyone here know the latest and best model: small and HD?

greetings

ContourHD...I have the 720p version which I use on motorcycles and cars. I have also strapped it to the end of a guitar shooting down the neck for a music video. They just released the 1080p which I will be purchasing soon. About $350. Self contained and uses micro SD cards.

Giroud Francois December 6th, 2009 05:53 AM

yes you can put camera (micro or not) everywhere and get the moment transformed into a performance, not an event. If it is what the customer is looking for, why not.