DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Wedding Sampler (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/106010-wedding-sampler.html)

Robert Gonzales October 19th, 2007 11:47 AM

Wedding Sampler

My partner suggest that I should be charging ($5.00) to mail a client a DVD with wedding samples. I think that would be a complete turn off. Is anyone doing this ?

Robert Gonzales
Digital Memories Video

Warren Kawamoto October 19th, 2007 12:11 PM

If you charge potential customers to see your work, they will think you're a rippoff. More so because it doesn't even cost $5 to mail a dvd. What you're doing is creating a first impression that is negative, which is a no no if you're in business.

Konrad Czystowski October 19th, 2007 12:16 PM

I agree. It would be a turn off putting myself in the customer shoes.
If I were you I would gather the best clips you've got, put it on dvd and duplicate at some place or youself. It will cost $1 perd dvd at the most.
And than the postage.
Treat it as a business card. Would you charge anybody a buck handing your business card. And think, how much more business you can generate by showing them what you've done (obviously showing them clips you've nailed).
Treat it as an add, but this one is going straight to the person who's already interested in you work somehow.
Adveertising and promotion i part of business and you have spend money on it. At the end it's really not much.
Don't you want you work to be seen by as many people as possible?

That was my 2 cents.

Good luck

Don Bloom October 19th, 2007 12:19 PM

Naw, don't charge-it's a cost of doing business. I get samples of lots of different stuff from lots of different companies and if they ever wanted t ocharge me I'd say 'forget it".
just my $.03 worth.

Don

PS IF you do charge though make it worth it. Say about $100.00 each, that way when they don't book you you at least made a hundred! ;-)

Don

Ethan Cooper October 19th, 2007 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Gonzales (Post 761446)
My partner suggest that I should be charging ($5.00) to mail a client a DVD with wedding samples.

Your partner should be beaten and flogged... and charged $5 for each hit.

Travis Cossel October 19th, 2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan Cooper (Post 761523)
Your partner should be beaten and flogged... and charged $5 for each hit.

Agreed . . . .

Robert Gonzales October 19th, 2007 03:37 PM

You guys crack me up! I agree with all of the sentiments. Just wanted to get some feedback. Have a great week-end and go out there and make some money!

Robert Gonzales
Digital Memories Video
Corpus Christi, Texas

George Bean October 19th, 2007 03:39 PM

i always send our demo dvd at no charge. if asked about returning the demo i tell them there is no need to return it but if they know anyone who could use our services to please give them the disc.

on a side note make sure you have enough postage. since the recent price increase for u.s. mail i have received several tapes/discs that have postage due.

Rick Steele October 19th, 2007 07:47 PM

You need a new partner.

Or make him hand deliver the things and get the 5 bucks himself.