DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Raw Footage -> National Canon Commercial (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/107313-raw-footage-national-canon-commercial.html)

Patrick Moreau November 5th, 2007 09:24 PM

Raw Footage -> National Canon Commercial

Back in May Tony, Michael, and I shot a wedding in Toronto for Amy and Alex (I believe I posted the highlights on here a while back). It was an awesome wedding to shoot and we were so happy with how everything turned out. It was actually the original piece that got Canon to call us regarding being involved in their cross Canada Expo.

Just recently they got the budget to do a national commercial on prime time for the next 6 weeks and they wre interested in doing something that would recreate the emotional feel of our highlights montages. Their original idea was to hire an ad agency to produce a mock wedding and make a commercial from that. As they talked more, it seemed to make more sense to use the footage from one of our weddings and cut that into the commercial they wanted as that would retain the raw emotional feel they wanted to create.

For now the commercial is airing in Canada only but if your in Canada, it will be on primetime for the next 6 weeks. We are very excited that this is finally airing and we can share it. Check it out on our blog if you want to see the spot:

http://stillmotionblog.com/?p=258

Patrick

Matt Trubac November 5th, 2007 09:36 PM

congrats! that is quite an honor.

Dana Salsbury November 5th, 2007 09:56 PM

Oh Patrick...this is huge. I think they're wise. You just cannot manufacture the power of a (good) wedding.

Keep dreaming big bro!

Patrick Moreau November 5th, 2007 09:59 PM

I completely forget the best part. The spot was shot with the A1 in HDV. One shot is actually done with an HV20. When we sat in the screening room with 20 top people from the ad agnecy and the editing company, everybody thought the spot was shot uncompressed HD.

Patrick

Eric Gan November 5th, 2007 10:45 PM

Congratulations on this achievement. It is quite an accolade and I'm sure will be very beneficial for your business. Will keep an eye out for it on TV over here on the west coast.

Did they do the color work for the final spot?

Patrick Moreau November 5th, 2007 11:28 PM

Thanks Eric,

Please do let me know if you end oup seeing the spot. I have yet to see it myself.

All color work was done by the editing company. It looks surprisingly similiar to what we did in the highlights but it is all their work- we just provided the footage. I know they were given some of our clips as models of what Canon was looking at but I don't know if that influenced what they put together.

Patrick

Michael Y Wong November 5th, 2007 11:35 PM

^^ Eric, yes they did!

=D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being thrust into this season and into this business at warp speed by Patrick has really been an unbelievable and crazy experience to say the least; I'm still in shock to finally see this spot after all these months of labour...!

Cheers to many more shoots Pat & Tony.!!!

Michael

Alastair Brown November 6th, 2007 12:38 AM

Hats off to you sir, thats quite and achievement.

Well Earned!

Dawn Brennan November 6th, 2007 07:18 AM

<<<Patting Patrick on the back!>>>

CONGRATULATIONS! Your is well deserving of this kind of recognition!

Tom McDougal November 6th, 2007 09:15 AM

Kudos!
What an amazing spotlight for your company on primetime

Jason Robinson November 6th, 2007 01:05 PM

Only Thing Better

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom McDougal (Post 771013)
Kudos!
What an amazing spotlight for your company on primetime

would have been a reference to who took all that video. Great job and congratulations!

Amish Solanki November 6th, 2007 01:18 PM

Hahaha this is AWESOME!!!

I was watching my recording of prison break last night, and during the commercials, I heard the song and I was thinking, this is the same song that Patrick used! It totally looked like your work as well, but I was thinking 'is this really them!?"

That is simply amazing. GREAT work Patrick!

Carl Middleton November 6th, 2007 01:30 PM

Truly an honor, man.... enjoy it!

Good to see Canon recognizing that it doesnt take a national advertising corporation to do good work with their products. Says a lot. :D

C

Tom McDougal November 6th, 2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Robinson (Post 771147)
would have been a reference to who took all that video. Great job and congratulations!

Well, yeah but it doesn't take credits or text to say who did this or that.
Self acheivement is one of the highest forms of praise...

A little mention wouldn't of hurt..but that's how tv is..

Bruce Patterson November 6th, 2007 04:07 PM

Congrats Patrick. Would love to shoot with you the next time you're in Vancouver. Let me know!