new trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 13th, 2007, 10:17 AM   #1
Major Player

new trailer

plz let me know what you think!

http://www.vimeo.com/384090
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I liked it very much, and I appreciated the time you'd spent pulling it all into sync. Couple of bits upset me - firstly the 'colour draining from her face' early on - looks like she dreads what lies ahead, and a couple of jump cuts in the ceremony. Other than that, ace.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM   #3
Major Player

thanks!

did you mean the very first close up of her face from the side where you thought she looked sad?

Yeah I noticed the jumps in the ceremony too. I'll see if I can play around with that a bit..
Old November 13th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Yes, early on where you smoothly go from colour to b & w.
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #5
Major Player

Yang - nice piece! It seemed like a very colorful wedding but some of the scenes seemed a little pale - maybe some color correction or filtering to warm them up a bit? On the bride close-up transition to B&W at the beginning of the clip, I might have reversed it and transitioned from B&W to color and snyced the transition tighter with the audio of the chimes sounding instrument to make for a more dramatic transition. I thought your composition was excellent. It flowed nicely and I thought you captured the essence of whole day. Thanks for sharing

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:34 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I did a Hindu wedding this year - but Yang's montage is better than mine.
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...20758737459681
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Tom, I liked your video, especially the angle at which you shot the ceremony at, and you captured some really good close ups of the guests. I get lazy with my ceremony coverage and after the the bride walks down the aisle, I just camp out in the back with my zoom at max.

Do you ask the clients to provide you with Indian music?

I wanted that close up of the bride in black n' white because i liked how her eyes looked in that shoot and b&w really brings it out. Maybe I should just do the whole shot in b&w?
Old November 13th, 2007, 03:19 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Thanks for your thoughts Yang. I'd beware about putting just one isolated shot in B & W. I put my entire montage in B & W and that works ok, but one shot can look a bit 'grey', and clashes somewhat as a Hindu wedding is such a colourful day.

Yes, I get the clients to give me the music, and as I don't understand the words, ask if there's any particulat place in the film where the music shouldn't / should go.

tom.
Old November 13th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #9
Inner Circle

OK, I've watched your film again. Love the camera movements - brave of you on the day, maybe I tend to stick to tripod stuff too much. Your encoding is far better than mine - google video has reallt splodged my Z1's resolution.

Looks to me as if you're showing masked 4:3, am I right? The 'flash frame' early on is 4:3 and occurs over the masking. And I'll change my mind - I now think the b & w shot is fine - a great c/u BTW.

tom.
Old November 13th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #10
Major Player

Actually, I shot in masked letterbox mode on mt DVX100.

Yeah I shot the ceremony on tripod and almost everything else was hand held.
Yang Wen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques