Toolfarm 2d3 at

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 26th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew
Toolfarm 2d3

I wasn't sure where to post this and since it's not about stabilizers, but software, so I thought I'd just put it here.

Curious if anyone is using Toolfarm 2d3 Steady Move. Looks pretty impressive.

-Don B.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
- Hunter S. Thompson
Don Bazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 09:05 AM   #2
Major Player

I've used this software before in After Effects with mixed results. It can do a decent job of stabilizing the footage, but does take some experimenting to get the best results. If there is a lot of motion in the clip sometimes it "gets lost" in what it is stabilizing and you get some really strange zoom effects. It also has to zoom in on the image (as any stabilizer software does) so you lose some resolution. This can be problematic depending on the shot. I think it's a better idea to use some sort of physical stabilizer (Merlin, Glidecam, etc) but this can be helpful for simple handheld shots that you want to stabilize a bit more.
Endless Images
Mike Oveson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques