Bridal Prep H.264 test - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 11th, 2007, 01:41 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hanna View Post
Thanks - someone told me about that on VU LOL.
You deserve it. Your work is unique and intelligent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hanna View Post
I hope to have the whole wedding up once I manage to look up advanced HTML coding for QUicktime.

WOuld really like to create separate video files that would play one after the other for the WHOLE WEDDING, with buttons on the bottom to advance to the chapter of your choice, but I'm told you can't do that with QTNext. Flash can do that, but really can't put out the quality/easy playback/loading of Quicktime...ie Sophie's choice LOL.

If anyone knows some QT / HTML tricks, let me know, didn't think it would be so hard to look up but it is. Closest think I can think of is to program a FLash swf file with buttons that would load a QT file in a specific target area, but don't know how and am told it's quite a pain to make that.
The closest I've come to what you want to do was to code in chapters to the movie with MovieChapterizer:

http://www.js8media.com/moviechapterizer/index.html

This is the movie link:

http://www.WeddingFilms.com/chapterizer

This was a long time ago and I only messed around with the trial version which only allows two chapters. If you look at the right of the control bar there is a section that allows you to jump ahead to a chapter if the movie is fully loaded into the user's cache. The chapters won't be visible there until its loaded at least that far. Its a cludgy workaround to what you want to do, but working on it is definitely worthwhile until flash with h.264 is more widespread.
Joel Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 04:25 AM   #17
Regular Crew

thanks joel, though the chapterizer may be a problem as I'd have to put up the entire video intact - may be a drag on loading/bandwidth vs. 3-5 minute clips strung in a sequence...

But QT can actually do the chapter thing without an external program - it's on Apple's site exactly how to do it, but pretty much you just need a word processing program, such as word/text edit, and type up/code Chapter names, import it via quicktime to the specific movie, then set your in/out points.
Gary Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #18
Major Player

Hey Gary,
I can't can't see it either. I get no picture, no prompt, and no content.
Good to see you here as well. I didn't recognize the name until I hit your site. Cool.
Bill
Bill Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:58 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Grant View Post
Hey Gary,
I can't can't see it either. I get no picture, no prompt, and no content.
Good to see you here as well. I didn't recognize the name until I hit your site. Cool.
Bill
Try it again.

I just saw Adobe's new support for H.264 files for flash and made a Flash Player to embed the H.264 files, now I can have a chapter menu with buttons to advance on the user end, instead of waiting for each clip to play out.

So should be able to play now - let me know if it doesn't. You'd still need Flash Player 9's latest release.

Also, would still like to know if it's possible to organize the Quicktime's with buttons sans Flash - not to thrilled with how Flash is handling the H.264 files - the video translation is good, but on a few instances, there's distortion, out of synch audio, and overall a tiny bit of stuttering throughout and the scrubber of course isn't as fluid as QTs.
Old December 13th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #20
Major Player

Gary,
Going back to the original link, I can now see your player and can even bring up the chapter titles but the video still does not play. I think I have the latest Flash
Old December 13th, 2007, 04:23 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Esslinger View Post
Gary,
Going back to the original link, I can now see your player and can even bring up the chapter titles but the video still does not play. I think I have the latest Flash
Flash just released an update in the past day or two, so unfortunately, Flash playing H.264s isn't a good thing until everyone is updated LOL.
Old December 18th, 2007, 01:09 PM   #22
Major Player

Mine works now too. Great piece Gary. Looks really good I really like this style It works well. I can see how it would be very difficult, time consuming, and expensive. This puts wedding video into a whole new level. I wish I could figure out how to do it right. I love it. I am just now getting the jist of the battle drums dramatic trailer stuff :) Good work gary.
Bill
Bill Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #23
Major Player

OK. Updated my Flash player. It seems I didn't have the latest!! PLays quickly now. Very nice. Quality looks great. Have to try some of that - when I finally go HD:>)
Old December 19th, 2007, 03:58 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Just added more clips to the player.

Still experimenting, don't know if I should publish this yet, as I'm not happy with Flash messing up these clips - synch, image breakup, added stuttering etc.

Thanks Bill/Terry.
Gary Hanna is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques