Gymnastics highlights video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 12th, 2007, 11:27 PM   #1
Major Player

Gymnastics highlights video

I shot my oldest sons gymnastics meet this past weekend. My main camera was a jvc hd100, my b camera was a hv10. It's taken me the past three days to get the files captured and uncompressed. I finally had a couple of hours tonight to cut the opening. So here's the first minute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIr1WutWkJA

Or, if you want a high quality version download it from here:

http://www.benlynn.tv/JSI_07/JSI_07_Opening_HQ.wmv

If you aren't familiar with who Justin Spring is, do a search on youtube. Barring any injuries, he'll be at the '08 Olympics. The next section of the video will talk about who he is. I'll be cutting that tomorrow morning.

Enjoy.

Ben Lynn
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #2
Major Player

The video's well done. Which camera you've used to capture it?
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 07:05 AM   #3
Inner Circle

nice highlight. Next time though put a camera on your son-you know a nice POV! ;-)

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 09:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Ben,

very nice video! My question is about the audio, though. Is the music a royalty-free "sound-alike", or how did you go about clearing the song you used? I'd be interested in similar tunes for my projects if they are available to the public.

Thanks,
Martin
Old December 13th, 2007, 10:05 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks guys.

Oleg, all but one shot was done on the JVC HD100. For the final video I plan the vast majority of the shots to come from the jvc with the canon supplying shots when it had something that the jvc didn't catch.

Don, that's just one of my ideas for next year : )

Martin, I wish it was royalty free, but I took a soundtrack score and did some work with it. The best royalty free music I've found, and I use it quite a bit, comes from Q-music. http://www.q-music.co.uk/ . I bought the membership a few years ago that came with the discs and it was worth every penny. Over half the music on this video is going to be from them, the other half will be regular tracks.

Ben
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2007, 10:06 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pauly View Post
My question is about the audio, though. Is the music a royalty-free "sound-alike", or how did you go about clearing the song you used?
Well, unless the Gladiator score is public domain I doubt this is royalty free. To get actual copyright permission for a video such as this you'd be hard pressed to get it for free. If you are interested in using similar music for your own projects I'd invest in some music software (such as CineScore or SoundBooth) or just purchase royalty free tracks.

Edit: I posted this right as Ben was. Don't mean to be repetitive.

Last edited by Mike Oveson; December 13th, 2007 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Adding on
Mike Oveson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques