DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Happy Holidays and a new trailer clip! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/110857-happy-holidays-new-trailer-clip.html)

Glen Elliott December 23rd, 2007 08:11 PM

Happy Holidays and a new trailer clip!

Everyone have a safe and happy holiday season! I've been slammed with 12/25 deadlines. Here's a trailer I cut today for a couple. It's my 2nd attempt at this sort of piece. Take care...

http://www.gmelliottvideo.com/MaryandJamesTrailer.mov

Monday Isa December 23rd, 2007 08:22 PM

Hey Glen,
Very different pace for a trailer. It was very well done. Great colors and camera movements throughout. Clean audio during the talking head portion. This clip had a lot more glidecam through it, was this job you and Darrell? Great job, very different feel for a trailer and it works very well. Merry Christmas bro. Thanks for sharing

Monday

Jason Bowers December 23rd, 2007 09:02 PM

Hey Glen
Great job as usual, really helps that they seem really outgoing as well. Are you using a brevis with you A1's? Also how many cams were running.

Glen Elliott December 23rd, 2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monday Isa (Post 797448)
Hey Glen,
Very different pace for a trailer. It was very well done. Great colors and camera movements throughout. Clean audio during the talking head portion. This clip had a lot more glidecam through it, was this job you and Darrell? Great job, very different feel for a trailer and it works very well. Merry Christmas bro. Thanks for sharing

Monday

Hey Monday, yeah I wanted to take the trailer idea in a different direction. I guess it's more analogous to an actual highlights. I try to put a focus on shot selection, pacing, and kinetic movement (ie not as many still shots).

I experimented with the audio on this shoot. I shot it redundantly using two wireless systems- one with a lapel and the other on a a shotgun on a boom just outside the shot. The shotgun (Sennheisser ME66) gathered richer audio , which was what I subsequently used.

Glen Elliott December 23rd, 2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Bowers (Post 797462)
Hey Glen
Great job as usual, really helps that they seem really outgoing as well. Are you using a brevis with you A1's? Also how many cams were running.

No lenses, adapters, or any post-filtering for that matter. The imagery is "As Is" right out of the cam. 2 XH-A1s were used.

Ger Griffin December 26th, 2007 09:23 AM

hey Glen,
your work is truly impressive.
your being pretty bold with the cuts during the interviews but
it actually works eh!
were the moving shots done with a merlin? im thinking of buying one.

Jose Ortiz December 26th, 2007 11:24 AM

great job!

I really had lot of fun with this trailer. Bravo for the A1 too. Question what low light settings and preset did you use for the indoor?

Kevin Brumfield December 26th, 2007 02:07 PM

Glen,

Great stuff, as usual! I'm really curious about the lighting used for the reception. Was the spot at the corner of the dance floor yours? If so, could you fill us in on what you used? Also, do you use any on-camera lights with your XH A1's? Again, if so, please let us know.

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful work.

Kevin

John Moon December 26th, 2007 04:55 PM

Glen:
It kept me interested. I like the cuts...gave it a sense of realism. Cool song.
Thanks,
John

Jeremiah McLamb January 4th, 2008 10:03 PM

AMAZING!!!

...really...how much would I have to pay you to let me come up there to PA and shadow you on a wedding? Whenever I need an inspiration to keep me editing weddings...you the man!

thanks
jeremiah

Michael Y Wong January 11th, 2008 05:55 PM

Hi Glen, awesome clip.

Really solid glidecam work seamlessly intercutted with tripod shots. Great non-linear storytelling as well.

Nice to see see one of the original masters still sharing their work. Totally a fan.