just for laughs... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old January 6th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #1
Major Player

just for laughs...

I just had to post this. This is the final straw in family taking advantage of my choice of career. I had a cousin just tape some random parts of a wedding and wanted the footage just briefly edited and put on a DVD. the footage of course was all over the place, dark and I couldn't do anything with it, but the best part is this.....half of the time they turned the camera 90 degrees sideways as if to get a portrait view of dancing and such...THIS ISN'T A PHOTO CAMERA! :-) haha I'm just baffled..I've never seen anyone attempt this before. If I get a clip of this I'll put it up but I've already wasted enough time !!!

Matt
Matt Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 10:32 PM   #2
Major Player

oh and I forgot to include my favorite quote....

you can't polish a turd!!!
Matt Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:49 AM   #3
New Boot

That's hilarious. I just ran across someone doing that too.

I was helping a friend of a friend edit some "interview" footage of a family member. Every other shot they decided to mix it up and shoot the subject in "portrait" mode. Cracked me up as well. Hey, at least they were trying to think about framing and composition! :)

Of course, there was no provision whatsoever for rotation of the frame in the consumer editing software that she was trying to use...Fun stuff.
Jared Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:37 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Jared, give Vegas a go, it actually has 90 degree edit output options... ;)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques