DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   General pricing guidelines for Weddings (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/112134-general-pricing-guidelines-weddings.html)

Nathan Quattrini January 11th, 2008 12:12 AM

General pricing guidelines for Weddings

I'd like to propose this as a sticky topic...thats just me

I am curious to know what you guys are charging for different packages for weddings. For video, photography, deals packaged together, how many dvds for what price, ceremony and whole day, pre-wedding videos/pictures, 1 camera 2 camera red camera blue camera. Anything under the sun lets hear it. Its a common enough topic without a central thread, so lets make this it ;)

Craig Terott January 11th, 2008 01:24 PM

There no guidelines - everyone is doing their own thing.

In fact, go to 50 videographer websites, who advertise their prices, and you'll probably see 50 different pricing models.

My aim has always been to keep it as simple as possible, as inclusive as possible, and don't give brides a lot of decisions to make.

Travis Cossel January 11th, 2008 01:58 PM

I won't discuss my prices in an open forum, but I can say that I use a pricing model that includes 5 packages. My 4th highest package is the package I aim to book, but either #3 or #4 makes me happy. I have the 5th package partly to give value to the #4 package (and to offer a "big" package to that one couple that comes along and wants it). My #1 and #2 packages are built to give value to the #3 and #4 packages.

I plan on adding a 6th package soon to help give more perceived value to the #4 package. Also, I think it's important to have a variety of "ala carte" options, and make sure if a couple decides to book a package you ask them about the ala carte options. Sometimes it gets them looking at those again and they find out they actually want one.

Jim Michael January 11th, 2008 08:37 PM

See my post "Fun with math" under the business forum for info on an optimization tool you might find of use.

Jason Robinson March 11th, 2008 06:10 PM

Based on Edit Time

I have 4 packages that are based almost entirely around finished production time, with some small variations based on extras (like additional cameras, etc). My #3 is what I aim to book and #1 is a no-edit (true no edit.... I just burn the content to disc and there they go) and #2 is a short form factor edit. #4 is obviously what I like to book because it offers me the most creative options in post-production, which is where the bulk of my time is spent. I have a large selection of a la carte that I allow to modify any package except 2. 2 is designed to be the budget production so if they want "more" then they are not in the budget category.