Drawings at Bridal Shows at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM   #1
Major Player

Drawings at Bridal Shows

We have put out a drawing at our bridal shows for $200 off or a free music video. It is great for getting brides to stay at the booth, but I loathe calling the brides afterward because they begin the conversation on the defensive.

I want to steer our company to the higher end weddings, but am questioning whether they even attend the shows. If they are coming, and we're doing some cheesy drawing, are they going to write us off?
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:47 AM   #2
Major Player

at this years show our drawing was for a visa gift card.

we had great interest at our booth and the convenience of sending the gift card by mail.

Very fortunate this year that our follow up is minimal. Previousley we did a follow up mail or email campaign. This year our correspondance is brides for 2009 and only by email.
George Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2008, 10:52 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bean View Post
at this years show our drawing was for a visa gift card.

we had great interest at our booth and the convenience of sending the gift card by mail.

Very fortunate this year that our follow up is minimal. Previousley we did a follow up mail or email campaign. This year our correspondance is brides for 2009 and only by email.
Hey George, what software did you use for your email campaign? I'm trying to locate an html software that isn't going to break my bank. Did you have success with what you used.
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM   #4
Major Player

previousely i used vertical response

http://www.verticalresponse.com/

it was very easy to use and the reports displayed how many emails were sent, and of these how many were read, and also who opted out.

it was easy to configure and the data base list meets the spam requirements for an opt in opt out campaign.

I must admit this was all done using the free trial from vertical response.

Other options include

http://www.aweber.com/
which looks great for email campaigns, newsletter and atuoresponders.

constantcontact.com and mailchimp.com are also worth considering.

If you create your html email in a program such as dreamweaver php can do all of the email sending and data base for you. this is more cost effective but requires alot more work.
George Bean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques