Flash player help. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Major Player

Flash player help.

I am just starting the process of posting all of my videos on the web as flash players. I currently just use wmv but want to streamline everything. I really dont know where to begin. Could any of you provide me with some direction or sites that explain the process. I really just need the following, and then I'll be able to put it on the site no problem.

1. I'm using vegas to edit. What do I export my intial file to so it can be converted to flash?

2. once i have that file, how do i convert it....what programs? sorensen squeeze?

3. Where can I find some different options for players that I can look at. I see some that I like but i'm not just going to go copy some of the code off of those pages. I probably wouldn't get it all anyway.

I guess I'm just asking what your process is in creating and embedding your videos in flash. I would really appeciate any help with this!

Matt
Matt Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:18 PM   #2
Major Player

On2 Flix works the best. The standard edition is only $40. The other option is Sorenson Squeeze which will do more conversions than flash but if you are only interested in Flash, I would highly recommend Flix. I use the Flix Pro version but it seems that I could get away with using the standard edition which is much cheaper.

Use this player to show them, it's free

http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?page=wizard
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Major Player

Well that was simple and everything works great so thank you very much!
Old February 2nd, 2008, 08:49 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Omiatek View Post
Use this player to show them, it's free
Well...free for non commercial use.
Vito DeFilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 10:56 PM   #5
Major Player

Well...i got pretty far but now I'm stuck. Everything works great on my website but I'm using wordpress for my blog and they won't allow flash from what I'm reading in the help. I know there are many people using wordpress that have flash players embedded so how are they doing it ???

Thanks!!
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bishop View Post
Well...i got pretty far but now I'm stuck. Everything works great on my website but I'm using wordpress for my blog and they won't allow flash from what I'm reading in the help. I know there are many people using wordpress that have flash players embedded so how are they doing it ???

Thanks!!

When you enter in all of the info in the setup wizard it will create HTML code for you to copy into your blog. I use it with wordpress with no problems.
Jon Omiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:50 AM   #7
Major Player

jon, sent you an email too but when I paste that code into wordpress to create a new post and hit publish, it wipes out all the code and I'm left with a blank post. I read something about plugins but I also don't have that plugins tab as an option in my dashboard.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 06:51 PM   #8
Major Player

I got everything fixed finally. Using wordpress through the website and their hosting limits you to the very basics. I have now downloaded wordpress and am integrating that into my own website hosting and it's allowing me to do everything I need to.
Thanks for all the help!

Matt
Old February 8th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #9
Major Player

Sorenson and flash

Hi Matt

I use Sorenson - the full package but you can get Sorenson Squeeze just for flash at a fraction of the cost.
I can assure you it is well worth it.

Best....
Dave
Dave Gosley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques