DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Printer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/115888-printer.html)

Kiflom Bahta February 27th, 2008 12:30 PM

Printer

Hi guys, i just bought epson R260 not too long ago. I used it to print DVD inserts with photo glossy paper. The problem is the final product is sticky and it is hard to put the inserts on the DVD case. Do you guys know on how to fix this problem and what type of printer do you guys use to print your inserts? Thank you in advance.

Don Bloom February 27th, 2008 12:47 PM

I use a R200 and have since they came out. There are 2 things to look at when printing inserts.
1) The ink. I've tried others but find the Epson really does work the best.
2) The paper. I tired different papers and agin have found the Epson #S041649 gloosy paper works very well.
As the insert comes out of the printer I place it on a flat surface and by the time the next one comes out the first one is dry and ready to be cut and wiggled into the case.
Can't promise anything but if you haven't tried those 2 things I would and see what happens.
Don

Chris Davis February 27th, 2008 01:22 PM

I always let my DVD inserts dry for 24 hours before putting them in the case. Once they're in the case they cannot dry correctly.

Steven Davis February 27th, 2008 02:15 PM

I get inserts from polylinecorp and print on them. Other than not being that glossy, they work well. Then again, the plastic on the DVD cover is shiney, so it has the illusion of being glossy.

Kiflom Bahta February 28th, 2008 02:53 PM

Hi guys, even after leaving for 24hrs i found to be sticky so this what i am doing i go ahead print the inserts and then i take them to staples and make copy of the inserts and it is not sticky anymore but the picture look better with the epson. I will try different glossy papers!

Steven Davis February 28th, 2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiflom Bahta (Post 834807)
Hi guys, even after leaving for 24hrs i found to be sticky so this what i am doing i go ahead print the inserts and then i take them to staples and make copy of the inserts and it is not sticky anymore but the picture look better with the epson. I will try different glossy papers!

Try different paper, try different printer? I had an image one time that I had 'played' with so much that it wouldn't print right and actually printed in heavy thick lines. Dunno about your deal, try different paper, printer.

Kiflom Bahta March 13th, 2008 07:04 AM

Well guys, problem solved. It was the paper. I am using memorex dvd inserts right now and everything looks great. (*___*)

Dennis Cummins March 14th, 2008 11:54 AM

I use the Epson R300 but i dont think the quality is good enough compared to a laser printer so i reckon im going change. What laser printer are you guys using?