The Rolling Text effect? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 10th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #1
Major Player

The Rolling Text effect?

I see many of your highlight shows that you have the front of the program rolling through a scene with a low opacity. How do you do this? I have a program but with the flowers in the background not sure this would have the same effect.

Just wondering if you just match up a font the best you can and re type it?
Old March 10th, 2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Tourist

Denny,

I edit with Vegas which has a feature called Track Motion that allows you to resize and/or move a clip or image across the screen in any direction. I am sure most NLE's have this feature, maybe with a different name.

I scan the invitation, save it as a jpeg, bring the file into my time line and then use track motion with key frames to make the image move. It takes some trial and error to get it to look right. I also adjust the opacity, usually to around 30%.

This will work best if the invitation is wide,has a white background with dark, bold lettering.

If you are just trying to create your own title by matching the font on the invitation, there is a website where you can upload a small jpeg or gif of the invitation, or any file and the site will analyze the image and tell you what font it is. I forget the exact site, but I think if you google "what the font", you can find it.
Dave LaBrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:01 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave LaBrec View Post
This will work best if the invitation is wide,has a white background with dark, bold lettering.
I was hoping this would be the case, but this one has a beige background with flowers that are a light green, font that is a Hunter Green.

I have scanned it and will play with it, may post it here before I use it in the highlight show.
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Denny,

What NLE do you use and can you upload an image?

I'm sure we can help you out. I have had to pull keys on footage that had to be keyed twice. Usually do one on color and one on luma, or sometimes two color keys. I'd key the beige out and then pull a second key for your flowers.

Also, as Dave mentioned: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

Let us know if you find your answer.
Samuel Hinterlang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 06:32 PM   #5
Major Player

I am using Adobe Premier Pro CS3, Here is the program.
Attached Thumbnails
The Rolling Text effect?-program.jpg  

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques