DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   wedding demo (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/116896-wedding-demo.html)

Lalo Alvidrez March 13th, 2008 02:23 AM

wedding demo

For those of you who hand out demos do you have several different clips on a dvd or do you have just a trailer of some of your work? I currently have one that has a trailer plus a highight of day, reception edit, and a photo shoot sample.

Richard Wakefield March 13th, 2008 04:15 AM

just posted my new demos on a separate thread, but to answer your question, I stick with montages for the web, summing each package up that i offer. and for the demo DVD that goes out, they are just extended versions.

but now that i have my main montages completed, I hope to add only the very best highlights/trailers to my site and to the demo DVD.

Lalo Alvidrez March 13th, 2008 04:33 AM

Thanks Richard. Didn't know if just having a trailer would be effective enough as having several montages.

SiuChung Leung March 13th, 2008 02:14 PM

I usually put the trailer 3-4 days after the wedding on web for the couple and their friends for preview. Then I edit the highlight, coverage, montage, etc...
when I burn those to DVD, I will use the trailer as DVD opening.
Trailer>DVD Menu>Main contents
or just put the trailer as DVD menu background

Lalo Alvidrez March 14th, 2008 01:19 AM

SiuChung, I'm talking about a demo dvd that you would hand out to potential customers. Do you have one or do you just rely on your web site?

SiuChung Leung March 14th, 2008 05:39 AM

sorry for misunderstanding~~~
we do have one demo dvd for potential customer and is about 10mins long. Normally is for the older couples who don't want to go online and watch demo video.

For the young couples we normally direct them to our web for demo, that web demo is updated more offen than the DVD.

I think the web demo is very useful for us because when the couples get the demo, they like to ask around their friends for opinion. With the web demo, their friends can easily access to our demo and give their 2c, also their friends can recommend our demo to other friends with the URL.

Still, the good thing about demo DVD is the quality. Watching the demo DVD at your house on the couch is a better experience than watch on web. PLUS, you can show off the nice DVD menu function, I found few people are suprised with wedding DVD have nice menu.

Mark Ganglfinger March 14th, 2008 07:13 AM

I have been handing out music video highlights for years as a demo. The only problem is that some people think that their video is only going to be 5 min long, so I have to explain that it is only the highlights.
This year I have tried something different. I am showing a few minutes from the beginning of one wedding, a few minutes from the middle of another, and a few minutes from the end of another. This way it should be clear they are only samples.

MarkG