Movie Trailer Music at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Movie Trailer Music

Does anyone know where I can get music from a movie trailer? Like the 30 sec spots that are advertised on tv. No movie in particular, I'm just looking for a site that will allow me to browse and choose when I find something I like. Thanx.
Jessica Gourdine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 07:50 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I use Digital Juice http://www.digitaljuice.com/products...p?cid=1&pvid=8 StaxxTraxx, each score is broken down into 15sec, 30sec, 60sec and 3:00min. always look for their Deal of the Day as you can get each catalog for $9.99 instead of $69.00
Vince Lucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

VideoCopilot has a sound effects DVD specically for movie trailers. It's not music really but it has the whooshes, etc. that you hear in a lot of trailers.

www.videocopilot.net
Tim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 11:07 AM   #4
Major Player

Hey Jessica,
Where are you in SC? I'm in Columbia but do work all over the state. Good to see someone else from SC on here.
I get my soundtrack music from a lot of sources, but the primary producer of stuff you actually hear in trailers is X-Ray Dog. If you do a search for him you will usually find what you are looking for. He did Chronicles of Narnia, Pirates of the carribean, etc. Good luck, this music is fun to edit to...
Other searches could be...
E.S. Posthumus
Immediate music,
Or try searching for a particular movie trailer you like and you should run accross some interesting hits...
Bill Grant
Bill Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #5
Trustee

Try Sony Cinescore and make your own any time you want, as short or as long as you want...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Grant View Post
Hey Jessica,
Where are you in SC? I'm in Columbia but do work all over the state. Good to see someone else from SC on here.
I get my soundtrack music from a lot of sources, but the primary producer of stuff you actually hear in trailers is X-Ray Dog. If you do a search for him you will usually find what you are looking for. He did Chronicles of Narnia, Pirates of the carribean, etc. Good luck, this music is fun to edit to...
Other searches could be...
E.S. Posthumus
Immediate music,
Or try searching for a particular movie trailer you like and you should run accross some interesting hits...
Bill Grant
Hey Bill,

I'm in Charleston. Haven't started doing work over the state yet but I look forward to the challenge. I have a wedding in Columbia next weekend though; I still have a lot of learning to do so if you want to stop by and critique....lol.

I went to xray dog and he has exactly what I'm looking for. PERFECT! But it says that the music is not for sale to the public. How do I purchase it?

Thanks for all the replies thus far.
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Jessica,
Feel free to contact me any time. I am trying to get a PVA started here, so I could definately add you to the list. best way is bill@grantphotovideo.com Where are shooting in Cola?
Bill
Bill Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #8
Regular Crew

About a year ago, I purchased a home which was in foreclosure. Up in the attic, I found a huge duffell bag of cd's...I'm taking maybe 200-300 cd's. Anyway, 28 of them happened to be X-Ray Dog cd's...wasn't sure what they were at the time, but kept them and only rcently decided to give them a listen....I just assumed it was some kind of rap or something.
Old March 25th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Grant View Post
Hey Jessica,
Feel free to contact me any time. I am trying to get a PVA started here, so I could definately add you to the list. best way is bill@grantphotovideo.com Where are shooting in Cola?
Bill
Hey Bill,
Sure, add me to the list. :-)

We're shooting at a church called Trinity Baptist; it's in Cayce.

Jason,

Rap would've been my first guess too. Too bad for whoever left all those cd's there; one man's trash is another's treasure right?
Old March 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Gourdine View Post
Jason,

Rap would've been my first guess too. Too bad for whoever left all those cd's there; one man's trash is another's treasure right?
You said it Jessica.
Old April 4th, 2008, 01:41 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Another SC Videographer

Hey Guys....

I'm in Spartanburg.... would consider a drive to Cola for PVA meeting....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques