First Wedding Highlight at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old March 26th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #1
Major Player

First Wedding Highlight

Ok here is my first official wedding highlight show, I still have a lot of improvement to do, but hope I am headed in the right direction.

www.kyserphoto.com/Highlights.mov

Critiques and suggestions appreciated.
Old March 26th, 2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Thanks for the share.I like the last part. It never seen before on my local site doing this. May be is ASIA Thanks
Old March 27th, 2008, 12:56 AM   #3
New Boot

Good first effort. One suggestion would be to have a more dramatic closing shot. I like to get a shot of the bride & groom leaving the reception, driving off if possible in their decorated car or a limo. If you don't have that then I like to end with a slow-motion shot from the first dance of them looking into each other's eyes and smiling or kissing at the end.
Jim OBrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Major Player

Denny is it still up? Not loading for me.

Thanks,
John
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:07 AM   #5
Major Player

Just loads sloooow.
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Esslinger View Post
Just loads sloooow.
If you right click and save to desktop its faste, I still am strugling with finding a good size, format to use for streaming video. Seems that ehwn I find one that loads good, its quality is horrible.

Denny
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:48 AM   #7
Major Player

The first thing I would do is lose the music during the "presents" bit at the beginning. That music clashes with the piece you used for the actual edit. They just don't blend at all. Silence would be a much better option... or, have the piece used in the edit start from the beginning to begin with :)
Bill Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 01:51 PM   #8
Major Player

Denny - a couple things. 1.) more variety, you hung onto some shots for too long. I know its hard, my last wedding I shot 5 hours total footage and at the end of my edit was still scrounging to find something interesting or different to throw in the mix. 2.) Audio of vows seemed a little weak. Was the groom and the officient miked? 3.) Check your sizing on the sample clip. It appeared to be vertically stretched. Fine first effort though- I'm sure your clients will love it. Hey you know what's cool about your first piece of work? six months from now you'll look at it and hate it. Thus you will have grown....

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #9
Major Player

Thanks everyone for the input, and I agree six months from now I will hate it. I get so mad when I am editing and I have done something stupid.

I need to start saying " I WILL NOT ZOOM, I WILL NOT ZOOM" I know some zooms are good when done for affect but I am an over ZOOMER.

The audio on the full wedding is much better, may be the way I processed that highlight show.

I also added the intro after it was all done, I agree the music should start with the intro.

I once again really respect what you guys do, it is so much harder than what I imagined.

The groom was the only one with a lav mic.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques