Help! My 1st time with Steadicam Merlin footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 2nd, 2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Major Player

Help! My 1st time with Steadicam Merlin footage

Hi all,

We just did a wedding with a steadicam merlin and this is my 1st time to edit with those footage. For me, is a huge change. The footage i received is so different, is like working with another videographer.

I put together some footage to the couple for preview but I am not sure I did it right. Please check it out and give me some comment. Thank you!

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=xsqcB3vLuhA

P.S. internet in NZ is damn slow so I put it onyoutube. I will try to put it on vimeo later.
SiuChung Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:32 AM   #2
Major Player

I liked your piece. If I understand, you did not do the shooting, you're just editing merlin footage for the first time. The biggest challenge I've had is limiting the amount of merlin footage you use. It's easy to get over zealous. Try not to use too many back to back. I thought you did a fine job though.

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 01:00 PM   #3
Major Player

after watching it again and again, I have to say I agree with you, Art. Seems like I am over excited with the footage and the clips loss it balance....

Thank you very much for your opinion!

S.C
SiuChung Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 03:57 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I think it will look much better if you slow the footage considerably down, sometimes it looked like the steadycam operator was running with his camera and for weddings it looks nicer if the steadycam movement is slower.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques