DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Yet Another 'Coming Soon' Wedding Trailer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/118452-yet-another-coming-soon-wedding-trailer.html)

Ian Lim April 2nd, 2008 11:17 PM

Yet Another 'Coming Soon' Wedding Trailer

Guys, check this out: http://www.vimeo.com/809401

Pardon the vignettes, wrong-aligned adapter barrel, dust spec etc etc :) :)

Jason Magbanua April 2nd, 2008 11:40 PM

it's in private mode Ian. :)

Ian Lim April 2nd, 2008 11:47 PM

Hey, just set it back to public view! Thanks Jason.

Ethan Cooper April 2nd, 2008 11:51 PM

Good lord those locations were wonderful. Where was that shot? Was the tunnel stuff done with available light only? I loved it all the way around. I think my favorite shot was the spiral staircase. Man I loved that, I'm gonna go watch again.
What camera, which adaptor, what lenses?

**EDIT**
I just watched again and I'm in awe. My second favorite shot is the one where they are hugging and she looks up into the camera. I really need to learn to direct people. That was some of the best stuff I've seen in a while. Loved it.

Yang Wen April 2nd, 2008 11:51 PM

Hey Ian, Amazing as usual..

Question.. for the fisheye shots, was that done with a real fisheye lens attached to your adapter? or straight to the camera?

Jason Magbanua April 3rd, 2008 12:05 AM

Ian, what source file do you use to upload to vimeo? Does it take forever. Buffering your clip now.

Jason Magbanua April 3rd, 2008 12:13 AM

MONO rocks! Ian you ROCK!

Stunning imagery as always!

I'm surprised with the performance of the HV20 indoors, it held up beautifully. Or have you changed your rig?

Richard Wakefield April 3rd, 2008 12:23 AM

REALLY like that...DOF at its best! very cinematic, and so well composed and coloured. reminded me of some beautiful shots in Lost in Translation and Babel...

so what setup do you have? that's the question on everyone's lips :)

and if you don't mind, what song is that?

great work, and annoyingly pushing me towards the Letus even more, damn you...i'm hoping my house sale DOESN'T go through, then i'll have money again to get all the technology i currently want!!

Ian Lim April 3rd, 2008 12:47 AM

Thanks guys!

Ethan, that was shot at various locations in Singapore. All shots were done with available light only. It was my fiancee that directs everything :)

Yang Wen, that was using Raynox semi fisheye adapter, directly to camcorder

Jason, file format is MP4. It takes forever to upload haha...

Ian Lim April 3rd, 2008 12:49 AM

Guys, p'mail me for setup info, ok? ^0^

SiuChung Leung April 3rd, 2008 12:57 PM

Wow.....the trailer blow me away.....
it's stunning and breathtaking.

Winfried Dobbe April 3rd, 2008 02:10 PM

Fantastic!, very creative and artistic.

Travis Cossel April 3rd, 2008 02:17 PM

Beautiful shots and editing. I couldn't help but notice you did several wardrobe changes with the couple as well. How long did you shoot for that day?

Also, the shots all had a very film-like look. Would you say you got that look in the camera or in post, or a combination of the two?

SiuChung Leung April 3rd, 2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 853753)
Beautiful shots and editing. I couldn't help but notice you did several wardrobe changes with the couple as well. How long did you shoot for that day?

Also, the shots all had a very film-like look. Would you say you got that look in the camera or in post, or a combination of the two?

I am guessing 35mm....

Ian Lim April 3rd, 2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 853753)

Travis, that was a combination of the two. Actually it took 2 days for shooting, each days took about 5-6 hours. We have to travel for various locations and it was raining cats and dogs:)