DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   about time i posted my work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/118534-about-time-i-posted-my-work.html)

Robert Bale April 3rd, 2008 07:46 PM

about time i posted my work

Hi People,
i have been watch and reading for a while, its about time i show my work to you guys for a bit of feed back,

www.rpbproductions.com/blog

rob.
all the way from australia

Robert Bec April 3rd, 2008 10:19 PM

Hey Rob

I cant get your clips to play they load but don't play and no audio

Is it my pc

regards

rob.

Travis Cossel April 3rd, 2008 11:08 PM

The clips worked fine for me. Nice solid work.

Robert Bale April 4th, 2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Cossel (Post 854023)
The clips worked fine for me. Nice solid work.

Thanks for reply.

Mark Ganglfinger April 5th, 2008 06:55 PM

Great work!
Since you are located nowhere near me, I hope you don't mind if I refer back to your stuff for ideas and inspiration (I used to get bugged when people from across town would steal my ideas or techniques, but I now realize that if everyones videos are better, then brides will be more likely to hire a pro)
Anyway, you are a credit to your profession, keep it up!

btw, do you know any of the guys from "men at work" ?

Robert Bale April 6th, 2008 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Ganglfinger (Post 855014)
Great work!
Since you are located nowhere near me, I hope you don't mind if I refer back to your stuff for ideas and inspiration (I used to get bugged when people from across town would steal my ideas or techniques, but I now realize that if everyones videos are better, then brides will be more likely to hire a pro)
Anyway, you are a credit to your profession, keep it up!

btw, do you know any of the guys from "men at work" ?

Thanks mark. Feel free to use what you want, if you want anything let me know only to happy to help, my next step is buying a glidecam.

LOL about the "Men at Work."

Rick Steele April 6th, 2008 03:18 PM

Rob, I think you do nice, clean, solid work. You have a consistent style for each wedding so your clients should always know what they are getting. That says a lot.

Robert Bale April 7th, 2008 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Steele (Post 855362)
Rob, I think you do nice, clean, solid work. You have a consistent style for each wedding so your clients should always know what they are getting. That says a lot.

Thanks Rick

Mark Ganglfinger May 13th, 2008 06:01 PM

I have the glidecam myself and love it for certain stuff. I heven't used it much since I went from a GL1 to the XL1s about 5 or 6 years ago. It was very hard to use the glidecam with a large camera. As soon as I switch back to a smaller HD cam I will start using it again. I also have a body harness which was only $150 or so and this winter I made a longer post to mount it on so the camera is actually sitting a few inches over the top of my head instead of eye level.

Mark G

Vito DeFilippo May 13th, 2008 08:29 PM

Hey Robert,

Definitely solid work, as has been mentioned. Beautifully shot.

My main complaint would be that the editing style doesn't fit the music. It wasn't until the quick cutting section at about 3:30 that it seemed you were paying attention to the music at all. I would give it an rougher look if you want to use a hard song like that. And let us feel that the video hears the beat.

Just my two cents. Ignore at your leisure...

Tim Sargent May 14th, 2008 03:49 PM

Sweet work mate.

Keep it up.