Full wedding on website? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Full wedding on website?

Hi everyone,
I followed a thread on another forum about having full wedding edits on your website. I know of 2 specific videography companies that have full edits on their blogs. I wanted to get some input from the community here on this subject. Do you have a full edit on your website? Do you think it's a good idea or not so good? Thanks

Monday Isa
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 01:49 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Isa View Post
Hi everyone,
I followed a thread on another forum about having full wedding edits on your website. I know of 2 specific videography companies that have full edits on their blogs. I wanted to get some input from the community here on this subject. Do you have a full edit on your website? Do you think it's a good idea or not so good? Thanks

Monday Isa
We have links on our site to Vimeo so peolple can see our complete sample DVD in HD quality. I've noticed we're getting less requests for our sample DVD since we've done this, not if that's a good or bad thing?!
Old April 7th, 2008, 11:49 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I have a full edit on my website in a non-public location. I send people the link to that when they are from out of town and can't meet with us. Otherwise, I think I prefer to have people come in to see my work so we can begin to establish a personal connection ... and so that I can talk them through my work.
Old April 7th, 2008, 12:16 PM   #4
Major Player

While have only done a few weddings I did offer an option where I would put the full video online for x number of months that they could then email to family and friends. This was a private thing and not something that I put on my website for promotion though. I do have some 1 hour+ videos on my website with out any issues that are public.
Old April 8th, 2008, 06:55 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks guys for your opinions. I think I'll leave them off for now.

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques