Soundtrack Suggestions ?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 13th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #1
Major Player

Soundtrack Suggestions ??

Hello all,

I am looking for some different music to use in wedding highlights.. Thinking maybe some good Movie Soundtracks which others use.. I prefer the highlight music to be dramatic and powerful, with some nice highs and lows.. As sometime we use Soundbites in them also.. And I have mostly used stuff that is instumental..
How about some recomendations on some favorite Soundtracks ??

Thanks !!
Old April 13th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I sent you an email.
Old April 15th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #3
Trustee

Hire an LA Film Composer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Moncrief View Post
Hello all,

I am looking for some different music to use in wedding highlights.. Thinking maybe some good Movie Soundtracks which others use.. I prefer the highlight music to be dramatic and powerful, with some nice highs and lows.. As sometime we use Soundbites in them also.. And I have mostly used stuff that is instumental..
How about some recomendations on some favorite Soundtracks ??

Thanks !!
I have my own composer for film scoring (contact info upon request), should I have a client high end enough to afford it. Seriously. He does a great job, and has a lot of variety of styles (he has his Masters in Film Scoring from New York U). I also happen to have been his roommate in college. :-) Unfortunately he is not too cheap unless the project is licensing one of his pre-existing pieces (or slight alterations on existing ones).

What I use (when not using Jeremy my composer) is Magnatune.com for all the recognizable classical music pieces. Unfortunately slim on the cinematic underscore department. Consider shockwave-sound.com (a source I'm likely to start using on future projects). SWS has a better variety of cinematic clips.

The other option is the several composing packages like Vegas Cinescore or Sonic Fire.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques